Reassuring my Wife

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Moretti, Nov 6, 2008.

1. As a first trade idea, why don't you sell the wife?

You can trade away to your heart's content then buy her back in a few years when her stock price will have undoubtedly fallen when the rotter turns 50.

Short selling wives - bloody marvellous.

Soros taught me that.

#11     Nov 6, 2008
  2. Why don't you ask her to get a job and you can just stay home and trade.

Problem solved!! :D

#12     Nov 6, 2008
  3. apak

apak

you sir are wise beyond your years :cool:

#13     Nov 6, 2008
  4. Easy, just trade really small size (which a newb should be doing anyway), so that losses are trivial.

If your trading shows positive expectancy then slowly increase.

Your wife is absolutely right to be concerned.

#14     Nov 6, 2008
  5. Be very careful here. I lost my job 5 years ago and turned down a similar position at another firm in order to to trade from home. I took some big hits in the first year and basically I believe that if it wasnt for the fact we had just got married my wife would have left me.

Take it slow and play it safe

#15     Nov 6, 2008
  6. <i>"Just a quick question for anyone who can help me. My wife is 47, beautiful and smart. But we fight all the time about trading -
    I just can't convince her that it is worthwhile. She thinks there is too much risk. Any advice?"</i>

With all due respect, anyone who seeks something so critical as marital advice from a free message board open to anyone and value those opinions, deserves whatever happens next.

I will tell you this: if you blow out an otherwise solid marriage over the issue of trading alone, you are the stone stupidest man in this entire forum. You may doubt that now, but you will full-well realize it later.

#16     Nov 6, 2008
  7. Yea no offense but don' trade unless your willing to lose alot of time, money and probly your wife in the process.
    Your wife is saying there is alot of risk in this business, because there is. This is not a field for those who require even a hint of stability.

#17     Nov 6, 2008
  8. I thought it was for better for worse, for richer for poorer. Aren't those the vows. If women want only the good and get to keep 50-60% of men's financial resources upon divorce and note also that while married women in this era refuse to play their roles as wives, please tell me why should men get married. Seriously, why should men get married?

#18     Nov 6, 2008
  9. Anyone can have a good weekend in Vegas. Try doing it for a living... Same with trading (in her eyes).

Show her a year of month-over-month profits, even papertrading.

#19     Nov 6, 2008
  10. My wife is VERY supportive. She helped me turn the corner and now I"m profitable. She tells me every night to have a great day in the Mkt.
    I'm a fortunate man.:)

#20     Nov 6, 2008