Reasons to be Bearish on NG

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by bobbymak880, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

in russia we use to have cars that run on both-gas and CNG. just flip the switch and that's it. that was in 80's..30 years ago!not sure why it takes so long for US(not exactly US,cause it's Honda) with abundance in NG...if they REALLY want to be independent from foreign oil..no sure why honda can't come up with such gas\ng hybrid..

#21     Nov 11, 2011
  2. Candace

Candace

Uncle. Switching over to CLNE.

#22     Nov 14, 2011
  3. Candace

Candace

Washington D.C. – November 15, 2011 – Today, Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) and Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA introduced the NAT GAS Act of 2011 to encourage the use of domestic natural gas to fuel vehicles. The legislation is the Senate’s version of the H.R. 1380, which has broad bi-partisan support in the House with 181 co-sponsors.

Commenting on the introduction of the Senate Bill, T. Boone Pickens offered the following statement:

“It is so encouraging to see Republicans and Democrats come together to put America first. I salute Senators Menendez, Burr, Chambliss and Majority Leader Reid for recognizing that we need a fiscally responsible energy policy that cuts dependence on foreign oil while creating American jobs, lifting our economy, enhancing our national security, and protecting our environment.

“This is a great opportunity to end four decades of unfulfilled promises by our elected leaders to end America’s dependence on foreign oil. America’s energy future is the key to our economic viability and creating jobs now. These should not be partisan issues, which is why I expect this Senate Bill will experience such broad support from both sides of the aisle.

“Nothing in America has such a thoroughly transformative economic potential as domestic natural gas. Simply by increasing the use of domestic natural gas in vehicles, we can get on our own resources, immediately create 400,000 good jobs, redirect billions of dollars of foreign oil money back into the hands of American businesses, and cut our dependence on OPEC by half.

“If past experience is any indication, I have no doubt that special interests that only care about themselves will attempt to create false arguments and false choices to stop this legislation. I sincerely urge the Senate to recognize those voices for what they are – obstacles of change and endorsers of the status quo, which is not working.

“On behalf of the American people, I ask the Senate to do what is unquestionably in America’s best interest: seize this unique and powerful opportunity and pass this bill.”

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/327...final2-pdf-november-15-2011-11-10-am-15k?da=y

#23     Nov 15, 2011
  4. Bob111

Bob111

and NG is keep falling. probably partially due mild weather in northeast?

#24     Nov 15, 2011
  5. Candace

Candace

Bob, if you're asking me, I'm afraid I don't really have an intelligent response. Contango seems to be entering into it. Plus there's a lot of bearish discussion about injections into inventory (this Thursday an all time high may be reported). Maybe weather.

CLNE otoh, was up 15% today.

#25     Nov 15, 2011
  6. Bob111

Bob111

CLNE(and rest) moved for obvious reason :p
    have to watch them closely as a proxy for NG. the bottom might be just around the corner..

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=CLNE+Profile

#26     Nov 15, 2011
  7. Candace

Candace

I'm hoping to catch a capitulation bottom. Thursday perhaps? I also buy into the idea that nat gas may go up as the rest of the stock market goes down. I have seen some commentary about the idea of short oil/long nat gas. That looks interesting too.

#27     Nov 15, 2011
  8. Bob111

Bob111

yes,like i said above the spread between the oil and gas is humongous. and most of it used for same purpose-to burn basically.
    and NG can move the cars just like oil.
    would be interesting to know NG producers profit margins. how much left at current price?

#28     Nov 16, 2011
  9. Candace

Candace

I found 2009 sources that said fracking costs more than conventional gas extraction methods so they can't be profitable at these prices. With non-existent profits, earthquakes, water and air contamination and now questions about trapping the water below the earth's surface (the Texas drought comes to mind), I just can't see frackers sticking it out.

I'm buying HNU.TO and will add tomorrow if the inventory pushes prices down.

http://www.aspousa.org/index.php/2009/06/a-long-recovery-for-natural-gas-price/

http://www.neb.gc.ca/clf-nsi/rnrgyn...010/ntrlgsspplcstwstrncndnrgybrf2009-eng.html

http://www.energyandcapital.com/articles/texas-drought-imposes-fracking-limitations/1822

#29     Nov 16, 2011
  10. Bob111

Bob111

interesting info. Thank you!

#30     Nov 16, 2011