Reasons to be Bearish on NG

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by bobbymak880, Aug 16, 2011.

1. bone

bone

I agree completely - look at the correlation between PJM-W and HHNG between 2007 and 2008 alone; it went from 94 % to 68 % on a two year rolling sampling rate !!!

#11     Aug 26, 2011
  2. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

I see people wanting to get into "power trading" her on ET I thinks its great.

But I would love to watch their careers unfold, so interesting and random when I think who made money and how, I mean real money. Then getting paid is another issue.

Power needs a good market maker in the forwards , risky, but I think some bank would take it on...... I think long run its better than just putting on big positions via heat rates or otherwise.

#12     Aug 26, 2011
  3. bone

bone

Timber Hill does it with the options on financial forwards - primarily because they have their hedge in place over the screen.

#13     Aug 26, 2011
  4. In russia or europe it makes sense to use LPG or CNG instead of gasoline because of the price difference

but that price differene does not exist in US, so propane or LPG whatever you call it, that will never be used in cars in the USA

The reason it makes sense in europe it is because gasoline is taxed much higher than propane.

#14     Aug 31, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

the gas price in US is same as it's in Russia. LP is dead in US once again because of over regulation on gvt side. they don't want you..they don't want "choices"(freedom of choice)...just like they don't want you on stock market...it's way cheaper to fill it up with LP. just google,see the maps,call around. cars runs smoother,cleaner, way less maintenance,breakdowns,oil changes..."not good for the country..".cause you are going to SPEND LESS on maintenance and your car will run forever..it's better to pour a f**kg alcohol in tank, so it's can messed up your engine and \or fuels system much quicker..good for GM,good for a country, right?

#15     Sep 1, 2011
  6. Barrons did a piece this week on NG and how this winter's temps may keep NG from rising!

#16     Oct 23, 2011
  7. Candace

Candace

Here's a reason to be less bearish. It's old news, except for the firm's admission and that it's getting mainstream press.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...s-firm-says-shale-fracking-caused-earthquakes

LONDON, Nov 2 (Reuters) - Shale gas exploration triggered small earthquakes near Blackpool in northwest England earlier this year, UK firm Cuadrilla Resources said, adding to concerns about the safety of a technology that is transforming U.S. energy markets.

A spokesman said on Wednesday tremors were triggered by pumping vast quantities of water at high pressure 3 kilometres underground through drill holes in a process known as hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, which is designed to prop open shale rocks and release trapped gas.

"It is highly probable that the hydraulic fracturing of Cuadrilla's Preese Hall-1 well did trigger a number of minor seismic events," a report commissioned by the company said.

Environmentalists on both sides of the Atlantic have lobbied politicians to ban fracking on concerns it leads to pollution of ground water and leakage of gas into the atmosphere.

#17     Nov 2, 2011
  8. Candace

Candace

I bought natural gas today at $3.59. I think today we make a higher low and don't retest the lows made in October (under $3.50). We are past the shoulder season slump, weather should cool down in NY, the rig count just out is bullish (gas rigs declining, oil rigs increasing), Honda is coming out with a nat gas vehicle in December, and Platts put out a tepidly bullish article.

http://www.platts.com/RSSFeedDetailedNews/RSSFeed/NaturalGas/8572152

#18     Nov 11, 2011
  9. Bob111

Bob111

i think honda already has CNG civic..gx or something like that. i believe it's been around for a while

#19     Nov 11, 2011
  10. Candace

Candace

#20     Nov 11, 2011