Reasons for Why you need multiple accounts, multiple IPs, and multiple brokers

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by traderum, Dec 6, 2009.

1. promagma

promagma

lol :D

#31     Dec 7, 2009
  2. MTE

MTE

I rest my case.

Just out of curiosity. Do you believe that your orders are actually sent to the exchange? Cause if you do then I don't know how to tell you this, but they don't, in fact they don't go anywhere beyond IB demo server maybe. It's the same as playing a flight simulator, no matter how real it is, you still don't land at a real airport and you don't speak to the real air traffic controller on the radio.

With that said, you cannot possibly infer the behaviour of market makers in a real world based on a trading simulator/demo.

#32     Dec 7, 2009
  3. gaj

gaj

OP's first post = ridiculous.

come back when you've actually traded some money for years.

EDIT: there are reasons for multiple IPS (backup - cable and DSL, and phone) and brokerages. OP doesn't touch on any of the reasons for them.

what's happening lately? the number of johnny know-it-alls who don't trade is shooting through the roof.

#33     Dec 7, 2009
  4. As you have been owned in claiming to make money, but you are actually a paper trader,

Where do you spend your paper profits???

#34     Dec 7, 2009
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Hear, hear.

#35     Dec 7, 2009
  6. THE op is 100% correct.

There are actually programs that will monitor what you symbols each connected computer is looking at on their screens.

Do you folks really truly still believe its a fair game?

#36     Dec 7, 2009
  7. Yes, it is real trading. The order goes to the exchange. You know this when your order creates an impact in the market, ie. the MM moves the price accordingly. The only difference is that on my side the prices are with offsets,
    at IB they add/remove that offset.
    It seems I'm trading a real IB account. Although every day it starts anew with 500k initial capital. And they let me do this. There was no agreement or so, or any talk, but I think they have seen that I'm not trying to harm them. I've made more than 700k profit in these accounts in the past weeks since I started testing my API program.

(Ok it is maybe not easy to believe, but it is the truth. I'm a strong logically thinking person and IMO there cannot be any other plausible explanation for this)

#37     Dec 7, 2009
  8. Maybe they are doing a statistical test like the Turtles in the 80ies...

#38     Dec 7, 2009
  9. note: traderum and timewarner seem to occur in pairs.

logical to assume they are the same individual, whether or not they are changing their IP addresses...

#39     Dec 7, 2009
  10. Come on, that's really an idiotic assumption.

#40     Dec 7, 2009