Reasons for trading difficulties....

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by themickey, Mar 11, 2019.

1. themickey

themickey

amateurs have every chance.
    Organized, focused, methodical, keep notes.
    But I am not a believer in traditional TA indicators, imo they will quietly lead down a garden path into a swamp.
    Learn to code.
    But like anything if you don't know where to start, have no mentor, distracted by other things in life it can nigh on be impossible other than be a buy & hold investor.
    Trading, which is jumping in & out of hoops is for very mentally fit and disciplined people.

#51     Mar 20, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. dozu888

dozu888

#52     Mar 20, 2019
  3. dozu888,

I agree with you. I enjoy working 9 to 5pm getting paid AND trading part time. Save, Invest in SP500 index every pay period, Trade the Market, Enjoy the simple things a life.

#53     Mar 20, 2019
  4. It's the safest path and a great one if you come from old money, but the average working Joe will never beat time unless they stick their neck out in some form. With cost of living, most can't scrape together $100-200 a month of wage income to invest long-term.

#54     Mar 21, 2019
  5. digitalnomad,

Then its best the average working Joe, not be the average working Joe anymore.

#55     Mar 21, 2019
  6. I guess. An old friend not so well-off, just told me recently that being poor is in style. Not sure if he's joking, but I do think about what he said. He may be right, but I wouldn't trade shoes with him. I was kind of raised in the same school of thought as little Cologeno. My old man was kind of a Sonny :)

#56     Mar 21, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. digitalnomad,

Perfect example. "The working man is the tuff guy". About a 15 years ago, I made the decision to join the wealthy American class and never looked back. For my case, its very simple. I work hard and be wise and evenutally be wealthy and enjoy life, or be poor. There is no in between. Fuck being poor. And most important , fuck an excuse for being poor.

That movie relates to my uppringing , in the 1990s, alot of young people in my community was making alot of illegal money and buying nice things. Man, it was soo hard watching everyone around me have nice things, and having nothing. I'm thankful for having a tuff mom they stayed on my ass.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    #57     Mar 21, 2019
  8. Seriously. Just went on a single date with some dingbat, and she said something like "You should be grateful for your success" and "Look at the people who have nothing". I replied "I don't look at those people, I look at the people who have more than me". A little greed is good, and it doesn't make you inhuman.

#58     Mar 21, 2019
    CSEtrader, themickey and SimpleMeLike like this.
  9. lol, ALOT, matter of fact ALLLLL greed is good. If the greed is legal and earned ethically.

People ask me all time what they wanna do or suceed in. The first question I ask them is "What are you going to sacrifice to get it"? How many hours a week are you going to sacrifice to get it? Who are you going to assign as your mentor?

As far as women goes, lol, I just ignore their ass, 90% don't want to hear the truth. They will think you were lucky on how you obtained your sucess. They have no clue the 5 hour sleep days for years you put in and the correct decision making you made. I don't even try to convience women of the truth anymore. Their purpose is a good time, and a good time only. I guide those, they ask to be guided, otherwise, don't waste my time and energy trying to tell them nothing.

I have come to the point where working hard and having some fun time, is living. What is more fun than working towards a goal.

#59     Mar 21, 2019
  10. themickey

themickey

She has a point, we are grateful for our success and I do look at people with nothing and think " I'm glad I pulled myself upward and outward from that existence".

I can recall once dating this woman, we would go for walks around the neighbourhood and she would always point out and comment about old houses, she had a type attraction fascination.
    Was consciously aware at the time "why not look at the nice attractive houses?"
    We are drawn to that which we want to look at.

#60     Mar 21, 2019