Reasoning for the sell off

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Comptalk, Jan 9, 2007.

1. How does that statement prove me wrong? Shorting creates overhead purchasing demand which moves the market upward.

#31     Jan 9, 2007
    #32     Jan 9, 2007
  3. Oh boy....
    I need to get back to my trading and stop messing around on these boards.

RoughTrader

#33     Jan 9, 2007
  4. Oh boy doesn't cut it.

#34     Jan 9, 2007
  5. Actually I would buy puts ;)

#35     Jan 9, 2007
  6. hels02

hels02

Are you busy shorting? :D

#36     Jan 9, 2007
  7. Apparently he doesn't short, he just stops buying which forces the market downward.

#37     Jan 9, 2007
  8. hels02

hels02

Hrmm. Doesn't look very down to me.

#38     Jan 9, 2007
  9. Some of you guys act like you are blindfolded in a closet.

This isnt the first year the market has ever traded. There is actually a rich history going back many decades.

The beginning of the year is usually lackluster generally and sometimes there is only a mild run-up. Then the summer comes and the market retreats and meanders sideways. Then towards the end of the year is where all the money is made.

There are usually two good corrections in any given year. Last year there was only one.

So do you need a chart to figure out that maybe something is about to happen soon? Its not about being bullish or bearish. Its not about being short or long. Its about having common sense.

With the new year comes a new strategy and things become different. This is a new year, you need a new strategy. There will be a pullback and it feels like its going to come soon. Remember how all those companies had guided up. Now its time for them to report and the pants come down to see the real deal. If the investors dont like what they see, then they hit the doors. Thats it.

So if you dont think there will be a good correction in the next 2-3 months, then you have to come to grips. Stocks will be selling off and its going to happen quick. Just be ready.

#39     Jan 9, 2007
  10. Couldn't agree more.

#40     Jan 9, 2007