Reasoning Behind Our SPY Short

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ShadowTrader_08, May 6, 2009.

1. Performance is not bad at all:
    60% winners
    9% per annum return

Pretty darn good IMHO.
    Ok, ok...he's not up there with the cowboys at 20, 30% ROR, but STILL, I've seen many cowboys get blown off the saddle. I don't think he will.

#11     May 6, 2009
  2. Lots of traders are short and getting blasted.

#12     May 6, 2009
  3. Illum

Illum

Thx Shadow, love your reports. Great look at that fibo. Imo, even if the market tries to move higher there is so much chop in there from Dec, should be good resistance to any moves up. Love a short in here. Im goin for sti, x, maybe some cat, probably not. You're the man Shadow, you're crazy too, almost killed me with your "BAM" in your last vid. Indoor voice, indoor voice :p

#13     May 6, 2009
  4. ShadowTrader_08

ShadowTrader_08 ET Sponsor

We never make any calls in hindsight. We make all our calls via email in real-time. Here is the snapshot from yesterday.

[​IMG]

We'll be leaving ET soon for this very reason. It's virtually impossible to talk up any trades without people jumping all over you. If more sponsors are treated this way and also jump ship, then there won't be an ET anymore.

FWIW, I loved this trade setup but it looks like futures gyrations will stop us out on the open. We'll use the 5 minute rule to get out of the trade.

-shadow

#14     May 6, 2009

5. I have seen all this before in 2003. I kept seeing excellent short set ups in the markets but every one was quickly addressed and short covering fueled the next rise. This is how new bull markets begin. Any negative set up is quickly canceled.

The market action is clearly pointing out there are very few sellers. This is because it's all rigged to the upside now.

• spy.jpg
      File size:
      91.9 KB
      Views:
    #15     May 6, 2009
  6. 2003 bull market rise. Everyone would be better served to look for long positions. IT'S ALL RIGGED TO THE UPSIDE NOW.

• spy.jpg
      File size:
      204.9 KB
      Views:
    #16     May 6, 2009
  7. Can you imagine how many shorts were pulled in this set up in 2003 in spy. Just like Shadow trader keeps pointing out a rising wedge, some negative divergence everyone was waiting for the big drop. Some news event triggered there covering and forced the next leg up.

I’m just trying to help everyone don’t get sucked into these shorts because it’s all rigged to the upside now.

• spy.jpg
      File size:
      125.5 KB
      Views:
    #17     May 6, 2009
  8. oops oh well...... don't be the fuel by shorting.

• spy.jpg
      File size:
      103.5 KB
      Views:
    #18     May 6, 2009
  9. It’s these inexperienced traders like Shadow trader who are leading these nit wits to set up short positions when everyone knows you need to wait for conformation. They will be the fuel that leads us higher. Just like every new bull market. I blame it on inexperience.

#19     May 6, 2009
  10. Watching this market is like watching your team in the playoffs, except I'm not in favor of either side. This day is not over, Roman.

#20     May 6, 2009