Reasonable revenue split as trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by AlphaMale, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Palindrome

Palindrome

I’d love to see alpha male write back... “signed it, thanks guys”

#11     Nov 28, 2018
    cvds16 likes this.
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

How *scalable* is this beastie?

How *variable* are the returns?

Are we selling nuggets to a panner, or the Mother Lode vein to Newmont Mining?

Sheeeeesh, guys.

#12     Nov 28, 2018
  3. cvds16

cvds16

doubt that is gonna happen which such monniker lol

#13     Nov 28, 2018
  4. sle

sle

That's very little information. Target volatility? Expected capacity? Is it 40% return on AUM, margin or some form of risk adjusted capital?

If you have experience running capital in a professional setting, you should be more or less familiar with the structures. 10% can be very reasonable in some setting (e.g. global macro with 0.7 Sharpe and infinite capacity) and very unreasonable in other (high sharpe, capacity constrained type of stuff, like HFT).

#14     Nov 28, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Yes, 50/50 split of fees in other words...

#15     Nov 28, 2018
  6. R1234

R1234

these relationships rarely last beyond 12 to 24 months so just take what you can get

#16     Nov 28, 2018
  7. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Long/Short CTA, not HFT, Sharpe ratio about 2.5, very high capacity (100M+).

#17     Nov 29, 2018
  8. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

The system rebalances the portfolio once per day so not really HFT, therefore capacity is deemed very large (100M+), Sharpe ratio is currently at 2.5, virtually no DD at all, only traded it for 3 months though but backtesting since 2006 have indicated similar return.

#18     Nov 29, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If you join the firm, I'd be interested to know what the CTA is, If you do not, I'd like to learn more about you directly. I might be able to find you a backer.

#19     Nov 29, 2018
  10. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Hi Bob, thanks for the note, in this case it's actually for the Chinese market. We're running tests for similar strategy for US equities that looks equally promising.

#20     Nov 29, 2018