Reasonable expectations for Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by John9999, Feb 27, 2018.

1. tomorton

tomorton

PS. Don't you think that using words like "asinine" on this forum makes you sound pompous?

#81     Mar 4, 2018
  2. punisher

punisher

Then either I'm not expressing myself clearly enough (very possible) or you didn't pay enough attention to what I was trying to convey (people usually don't get before they are around 40's or so when it starts making sense)

I never said that one is better than another. All I said is that these should never be compared directly because one is a job (day-trading) and the other (investing) is not. Likewise, comparing ROI on capital between the two is pointless (apples/oranges)

The other part was what I asked you earlier, whether you nick "schweiz" has anything to do directly with nickname "szwajcar". Just asking

#82     Mar 4, 2018
  3. punisher

punisher

No I do not think so.

First, if you don't understand or agree with the first part ("Day-trading is a full time JOB, investing is not") then don't worry (or quote me) about what I say later.

Second, perhaps it is a good time for you to look up the dictionary for the meanings of the word "asinine".

Third, as mentioned in the post above, once the concept of passing time really gets to you (and it will one day, trust me on that one), all will become much clearer.

#83     Mar 4, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

I have no clue what you are speaking about, so I cannot answer that question.
    I used google translator to see what that word means. It seems to be polish for schweiz?

#84     Mar 4, 2018
  5. tomorton

tomorton

I think that proves my point, not yours.

#85     Mar 4, 2018
  6. schweiz

schweiz

I am already there (+40) and understand very well the importance of time. But I see no connection with daytrading. I daytrade, sometimes the whole session, sometimes only 30 minutes, and sometimes I take a day, a week or a month off.
    Daytrading gave me the opportunity to have a lot of free time. I don't have a job anymore as I don't need one, I travel a lot (and can even work then if wish). None of this would have been possible for me as an investor as I would need at least 100 times more capital to get where I am now. And it would have taken years and years extra to get my financial freedom. So I would have lost the precious time you speak about all the time.

But I agree that my story is probably different from other stories. Each story has his own best solution. It can be daytrading, it can be investor.

I have so much free time that I sometimes trade just to kill the time. I also continue to study to improve my trading. I need an intellectual challenge to keep my brain healthy and active.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    #86     Mar 4, 2018
    Sprout, volpri and Xela like this.
  7. You are saying - I need an intellectual challenge to keep my brain healthy and active so I trade just to past time - You seems to know how longer time will take once an entered Position is taken up & during the duration phase - What is not so clear is as to - How you view the Bigger Picture within your Charting Scenarios you can`t just rely on the day trading aspect if you can see the Bigger Picture which is the time taken between adequate Support & Resistance Levels & for time towards Price to Materialist at these Levels - These Levels will include Chart Pattern Formation as well the Trend has A Tendency to Retrace particular past moves back to its original location. So trading is A Very Lengthy Period of time consumption - I feel that I understand the point which is being made available here to you schweiz and that you seem to be avoiding the issue. Is there a reason for avoiding the punctuality of Time.

#87     Mar 4, 2018
  8. You seem to not to be lossing so much at this time - This is why your ignorant`s appears to be so great. Time is the answer to all things Forex. As well a great healer of sense.

#88     Mar 4, 2018
  9. punisher

punisher

actually nothing you said so far makes sense, so definitely I'm not proving your point, I don't even think you made one.

edit: perhaps what you say makes sense to you, but not me, so let's agree that we disagree. I tried to pass some of my most important observations in my life, but I can't devote any more time to this discussion as it is becoming counterproductive. best of luck to you

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    #89     Mar 4, 2018
  10. tomorton

tomorton

I'm sorry to read this. Its now obvious that "pompous" wasn't a strong enough word. Goodbye.

#90     Mar 4, 2018