Reasonable expectations for Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by John9999, Feb 27, 2018.

1. punisher

punisher

You are so focused on yourself that you failed to understand my comment had nothing to do with you personally, so I'm going to disregard your comment. I just stated simply that one can call him/herself to be day-trader by trading just a few hours a week, as much as one can work a few hours a week and call it a job. Both are right. What's to argue?

BTW, does your nickname "schweiz" has anything to do with "szwajcar"? just asking...

#71     Mar 3, 2018
  2. schweiz

schweiz

Watch my excels above. In less then 10 years I could stop working and have more time and lots of money to spent, while the investor still has to work and cannot spent what I can spent.
    Time is a reason to daytrade. But you have to succeed as daytrader, and that's the problem for 95% of the traders. So the problem is not daytrading or not, the problem is the TRADER.

#72     Mar 3, 2018
  3. punisher

punisher

And where exactly did I ever say that the problem is "day-trading"?

Care to answer the other part that I asked you?

#73     Mar 3, 2018
  4. fan27

fan27

Unless you have a track record over several years to back up those projections, your assumed returns for the daytrader in all four scenarios is way too optimistic.

#74     Mar 3, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  5. Reasonable expectations for Trading - Is better approached through the Buy & Hold or Sell & Hold Charting Scenario if you are not just intended on wasting time in just chasing the price around endlessly through the use of day trading - By this I mean the pip. This way you get to learn what the charts are conveying to you as so you become better qualified as a working professional within the art of performance and manageable entry points - You also get ahead towards learning How to apply Charting Scenario as so you become constantly profitable where by you are able to provide for yourself & your family. Before you can accredit your achievements to Income Based Study. Trading takes a matter of years to learn as well fluctuate from points A to B of A Completed Trend as you must know by this time. So how the hell is day trading going to help out anyone's pocket is far above believe. So you need to Look at The Bigger Picture Bud - And Stop Wasting so much of your Time - If time is the issue here than you can do better just by saving on it.

#75     Mar 3, 2018
    John9999 likes this.
  6. volpri

volpri

So wrong.

#76     Mar 3, 2018
  7. How can this way be So wrong dummy wit - By Holding the Position: In this way you get to learn what the charts are conveying to you as so you become better qualified as a working professional within the art of performance and manageable entry points - You also get ahead towards learning How to apply Charting Scenario as so you become constantly profitable where by you are able to provide for yourself & your family. Before you can accredit your achievements to Income Based Study.

#77     Mar 3, 2018
  8. schweiz

schweiz

They are realistic (for me) and based on real trades but I will never give any information about myself. First because of my privacy and second to avoid bashers and pissing contests.
    The examples are still moderate. I agree that statements can only be reliable if backed by a decent track record.
    When I started to trade I never believed it was possible to make even 100% a year. But that statement was made before I had any real knowledge about daytrading. Later when my knowledge grew over the years I realized it was possible. And I also achieved it later.

Tradingresults are a result of optimizing a number of elements that have influence on your return. Some of these elements are:

• Invested capital
    • Margin
    • % of winners and losers
    • Average profit/loss per trade
    • Withdrawal of profits
    • Compounding
    • Drawdown
    • Recovery time after drawdown
    • Etc…
    If you forget one of the elements that influences the returns, it can have a big negative impact on your return.

A simple example of this is “compounding”. Using, or not using, it will make an enormous difference in return. If a trader does even not know compounding has an influence, or even does not know compounding exists, he will never understand where the returns come from that he does not believe. In that case his unbelieve is a result of lack of knowledge.
    Daytrading is very difficult, and most failures are a result of lack of knowledge.

I tested a compounding system with an identical but non compounding one. Under my specific conditions the profit with compounding was $15,105 and without compounding the same trades would give $3,895 profit. So compounding gave 3.87 times higher return with the same signals to trade.

Making 1 points ES every day gives you a profit of 240 days * 50$= $12,000. So if you trade with a margin of $12,000 or less you make 100% a year. Is it realistic to make 1 pint net average every day? Yes for a good daytrader. And if using compounding and a smaller margin, the results are even much better.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    #78     Mar 4, 2018
    positive etc and Sprout like this.
  9. schweiz

schweiz

Your postings were clearly directed to say that investing is much better as daytrading. All your arguments were pro investing and contra daytrading.

I don't understand what the other question was.

#79     Mar 4, 2018
  10. I will answer the question made here : It would all depend on where you were compounding the Trade From as to be of any validity to yourself - If you were than simply day trading you could than arrive a the correct Support or Resistance Levels that you would Expect Price to Anticipate - So than allowing you to Compound the Traded Entry once Price has settled into your required Support or Resistance Level Trading Zone. If than you have no clue as to were Price is going or to what Support & Resistance Levels that Price may find or becomes apparent to the Price - Than compounding is of no interest to you - By way and reasoning - You will simply be blowing out on the overall Margin Requirements needed to sustain the Trade in Motion towards the foreseeable Future and towards the end result that you were hoping for. --
    The the second part of your answer: I agree that statements can only be reliable if backed by a decent track record. - Than why would you need a decent track record through Mt4i Trading software Monitoring Facilities.? Its begs the the question mate.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    #80     Mar 4, 2018