Reasonable expectations for Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by John9999, Feb 27, 2018.

1. schweiz

schweiz

For me it was rather -10%.

#111     Mar 7, 2018
  2. qxr1011

qxr1011

well, day trading does not mean necessarily chasing one pip

but all buy and hold or sell and hold have to have some time limits preferable by trader (investor)

for some these limits are the length of the day, for others it may be the length of the year, for other the length of the life :)

for any expectations to be reasonable they must be within capabilities of the method (and trader) they are based on ....

since everybody involved in this discussion have no clue about robustness of the strategy, (or ability as a trader) of others it is useless to make any assumptions...

since what is reasonable for one is not reasonable for another one (and may never will be)

to each its own

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    #112     Mar 7, 2018
  3. qxr1011

qxr1011

people have different believes based on different experience and capabilities:)

actually day-trading does require seeing the bigger picture , just not as big as for people operating on dailies

#113     Mar 7, 2018
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. No, it is called planning. Even when you get married most people plans how many kids they want, how big a house they are going to live, etc. Expectations should be realistic though.
    2.No, you should run the numbers and see if you have enough capital to make it as a living. In short, plan. Also you should know where you want to be in 3-5 years. If you are not there in those years, time to give up.
    3. Trading IS a business. If you don't treat it as one, well, then it is just a hobby.

#114     Mar 7, 2018
  5. I see that you have studied my work well if your written work carries so much capability.
    I also know that everyone is viewing the world from there own eyes and from there own computer screen - And anything I say here is purely through the eyes of the beholder and dose not impart on any knowledge to those that come after or those with there own view point - To this effect I now leave you to base your own interpretation as to you view as to what is possible within this forum.

#115     Mar 7, 2018
  6. Updated on 07 March 2018

I see that you have studied my work well if your written work carries so much capability.
    I also know that everyone is viewing the world from there own eyes and from there own computer screen - And anything I say here is purely through the eyes of the beholder and dose not impart on any knowledge to those that come after or those with there own view point - To this effect I now leave you to base your own interpretation as to you view as to what is possible within this forum. - By doing we become more - By failing to do we fail through lack of trying.

#116     Mar 7, 2018
  7. qxr1011

qxr1011

1. there is an old saying Man plans, God laughs... regardless of how realistic seems the man's expectations (one may plan for 10 kids, only then to find out that he is infertile :) )

2. running the numbers is not planning it is just a preliminary assessment, one may think he has a working method for his amount a capital and then oops ... :)

3. trading is not a business (business is an enterprise which provides goods or services to customers), i think it's like hunting, only you consume the game :)

#117     Mar 7, 2018
    schweiz likes this.
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

i did not studied your work at all, i do not even know what work is that

very well

that is why i usually add IMHO to most of my, sometimes didactic, expression of views like "beyond believe"

#118     Mar 7, 2018
  9. Small Child - Will you not talk on subjects you obsequiously know nothing about - You are simply a young fool and you think that your words go without punishment. - A rod is cast - For the back of a fool. Please mind what you say you may be heard and other may be quick to take offence. - you know just to be nice to you. you haven`t seen ? will remain a question.

#119     Mar 7, 2018
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Trading should be treated like a business from the trader's POV. End of story...

#120     Mar 7, 2018