Reasonable expectations for Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by John9999, Feb 27, 2018.

1. punisher

punisher

I don't doubt that you made a right choice for yourself, but it's not what this is about.

at one point you are comparing trading job to other jobs
    at another point you are comparing trading returns (income) to investment returns (income)

this is not about either one, it is not about what should one do to have most income or time flexibility.

The point I was making is: calculating ROI on capital for investment is fine, but comparing "ROI on capital" between trading and investing is like comparing apples and oranges. That's all that I'm inferring.

#91     Mar 4, 2018
  2. tomorton

tomorton

That's not something you are inferring, its something you are saying.

#92     Mar 4, 2018
  3. punisher

punisher

You either get it (one day) or you don't, it's as simple as that. So inferring or saying, lets agree that we disagree and move on.

#93     Mar 4, 2018
  4. tomorton

tomorton

Admit it, you had to look up inferring.

#94     Mar 4, 2018
  5. volpri

volpri

Here is a good compounding technique. Enter a long position. Exit it on an intraday swing high WITH a profit. Enter long a second time, at a lower price, on a Pb , than your first exit. Use the previous funds and profits from your first trade. Exit the second trade on a swing high. Now you have just compounded your profits.

If you buy and hold through the first intraday day swing high and exit at the second you have not compounded diddly squat. Rinse and repeat over and over all day long. That is why daytrading beats the hell out of swing trading and investing. If you know how to daytrade. ROFLMAO

#95     Mar 4, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  6. volpri

volpri

i can make 1 point before you can say “happy birthday”. Now make 1 point per day on 10 contracts multiplied by days. Or 2 points on 5 contracts. Or 6 points on 1 contract...........

#96     Mar 4, 2018
  7. Sprout

Sprout

This is good. From there, it gets better when one connects the trend segment exits to entries of the counter non-Dom move. (Pb)

This non-Dom move either returns to the previous Dominant direction or becomes a new Dominant in the opposite direction.

Timely reversals at signals of change, uses the power of compounding to it’s fullest extent.

In your example it’s like washing the other side of the plate too instead of sidelining.

Shifting from a vertical orientation of PA to a horizontal one makes the above statements realized as possible and true.

Not having a horizontal orientation to PA makes the above statements realized as impossible and false.

#97     Mar 4, 2018
  8. schweiz

schweiz

No I did not say that. You forgot 1 word, but an important one: SOMETIMES

My reference to time was FREE TIME and not losing time sitting in front of my screen. Have lots of quality time in life.
    I never referred to time in function of holding a position.
    I never use and don't care about support and resistance. I trade purely on mathematical models.

No it is not. The average person has to work 8 hours for day, about 48 weeks a year and this till he retires around the age of 65. And he will have around 50K of income every year. I make much less hours every year, don't have to work till I am 65, and my average yearly income is a multiple of 50K. I am very happy with what I do. I spent a number of years my free time in my hobby: trading.
    And that appeared to have been a very good investment as I explained already above in this posting.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    #98     Mar 4, 2018
  9. schweiz

schweiz

That's good for you if you can do that.

I don't give any information about my personal performance.
    You can suppose, dream or wish whatever you like.
    I don't care as that will never have any influence on my performance.

#99     Mar 4, 2018
    volpri likes this.
  10. Yes well - How about compounding all those losing position as well - Would certainly fit you cap now than would it not. ? Whats the point in talking dideel squats. Than first exist - Than First exist what on 5minute chart play - you need to grow wings next I bet you will be saying. Compound Interest you couldn`t even Compound a taxi fair mate on your way home let alone Forex Pip traveling
    at Random Interval.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    #100     Mar 4, 2018
    comagnum likes this.