reason for the huge up move in the ES over the past 20 minutes...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by chaykapwr, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Some guy front-loaded the hell out of this thing. Obviously he's smarter than Einstein. Probably should get the Nobel Prize for his amazing timing, sentiment, and size. :D

I'd like to shake his hand. Boom Like That.

#21     Jun 28, 2012
  2. nice, many happy returns long some euro myself hoping for 1.30 before 1.10.

#22     Jun 28, 2012
  3. If this is directed at me, so be it. There is nothing on this Earth that can harsh my mellow. If it really matters to you I'll send my US-listed blotter.

#23     Jun 28, 2012
  4. Up another 20 handles from here eod.

#24     Jun 28, 2012
  5. wow... shorts are getting ripped a new one right now. I'm probably crazy, but i'll take a small shot on the short side let's see what happens into tomorrow's close.

#25     Jun 28, 2012
  6. volente_00

volente_00

23 touch

#26     Jun 29, 2012

7. Nothing has actually happend or changed tbh... :) lol

Merkel refused to agree to eurobonds,
    but Italy and Spain refused to agree to making Germany their new king.

And despite the number of esmns/esfgs/eeffsss and other names they have created for 'funds',
    the reality still was the the only 2 countries that can afford to put any money into any funds would be Germany, who refused to.

But so to prevent markets from crashing 4-5% more over the next few days the ECB president made a mini press statement saying-

I am now the boss of the money-pool that would give money to any banks in Europe that need cash,
    and so if any bank needs money they merely need to ask me not germany.
    (I personally dont have the cash to give to you, and so will still need to ask germany myself,
    however you only need to ask me and il be the middleman for everyone)

Markets spiked 1-2% based on that,
    however as the details and reality of it start to sink in i cant see what could possible keep the market from crashing back down tbh! :cool:

As the reality is still the summit has been a total failure,
    none of the things all the bullish traders were hoping for has actually been agreed on,
    however EU played the game by releasing a nicely worded statement (with no actual substance but nice sounding) to cause a big market spike.

#27     Jun 29, 2012
  8. and so will still need to ask germany myself,

give money me,i garantee germany will be veeeeery happpy

#28     Jun 29, 2012
  9. No atticus. Not directed to you at all. It was a joke directed at whoever loaded the heck out of this thing before the market close (I always assume inside information, which is what I was getting at). NJ on your trade as well though! :). I apologize if I upset you by accident.

#29     Jun 29, 2012
  10. No worries.

#30     Jun 29, 2012