Rearden Metal appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Kin2, Jul 30, 2006.

1. I can tell you that last Sunday, I was in contact with Rearden Metal by PM on an unrelated matter. It was the first exchange I have had with him by PM in my 4 years here. At the end of the last PM, unsolicited by me, he mentioned that in his opinion that the markets were going up for the following week (that is, the week just gone by).

Also, he has given clearance for his colleagues at Echo to confirm or deny his blotters publicly.

Lastly, it seems that bighitter has some political differences with RM, and is trying (but possibly failing) to undermine his credibility here. I suspect he is jealous that no one has started a bighitter appreciation thread.

Just my $0.02

#11     Jul 30, 2006
  2. Since when was Rearden Metal a stock? He's a moron. Might be a good trader though, I haven't paid attention.

#12     Jul 30, 2006
  3. sulli

sulli

I don't know about you guys, but RM inspired me to set my goals a tad bit higher! :D

#13     Jul 30, 2006
  4. I remember seeing that quote a while back, and I think it's actually the only thing from ET I've quoted to other traders I know! Didn't know it was RM, so I guess I got something of value from him!

#14     Jul 30, 2006
  5. MrMetal......

I bring you my finest meats and cheeses......

#15     Jul 30, 2006
  6. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1133510&highlight=hitler#post1133510

<b>"Now, I am supposed to be many things which are not complimentary. I am supposed to be capricious. I have been called a playboy. I’ve even been called an eccentric, but I do not believe I have the reputation of being a liar."

~Leonardo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes, <i>The Aviator</i></b>

Dishonesty is the one flaw I <i>don't</i> have. I'll have the CEO of EchoTrade publicly confirm my numbers here, this week.

Bighitler (AKA hedgeking) is the most dishonest ET poster I've yet to encounter. He keeps very poor track of his lies, often contradicting his old lies with new ones. I'd post a few examples, but he's just not worth my time. You'll just have to take my <b>word</b> on this one.

#16     Jul 30, 2006
  7. The Kin2, infolode, IV_Trader, dddooo, Option Trader, Bitstream, traderNik, sulli, and EqtTrdr:

Thank you all for the overwhelming backup! I'll make sure each of you are personally notified, the next time "I see it".

#17     Jul 30, 2006
  8. Please, RM, don't bother. Not for this joke bighitter.

#18     Jul 30, 2006

9. Unlike the U.S. military, nearly all of the IDF reserves were once enlisted men themselves. Lack of quality training has never been the issue.

#19     Jul 30, 2006
  10. ilx100

ilx100

...Ive been a lurker here for years and years, I was even with "hitman's" group back in the day,remember that guy? the original pnl journal poster. I gotta say, rearden metal's blotters have been a wake up call for me as to the possiblilities in this business. Theyve forced me to get out of my comfort zone these last few months and push myself. I highly,highly doubt his blotters are fake,but even if they were, seeing them has already changed my thought process about trading. So I definitely appreciate that!!

#20     Jul 30, 2006