Realx , Life's too short .

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pdcomm, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

My first flying was in gliders. I hesitate to use the term sailplane since the most high performance machine I ever got my hands on was an I-26. I recently considered trying to take it up again. But we just don't have that kind of scenery here in the southeast.

#11     Mar 27, 2007
  2. The best glider tour I ever had was at lake tahoe california. It was very warm and windy, and you had the combination of flat land in the vally surrounded by mountains. We went up to about...25k feet. The weightless dives are the best :) .

cm

#12     Mar 27, 2007
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I stayed there once, nice area.

#13     Mar 27, 2007
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Looks like you did a nice job of fixing that bike up.
    I wish I had the patience and skills for that sort of thing. I usually get pissed the first time something doesn't fit or work like it's supposed to and start throwing tools and generally raising Hell.
    I do enjoy riding motorcycles though.
    Hard to beat the wind in your face while cruising a lonely country road.

When I was younger I wanted to design and build a small experimental plane in the garage. A divorce put the kibosh on that.

#14     Mar 27, 2007
  5. achilles28

achilles28

hmm...

gym
    good food
    girls
    sex
    good friends/good times (laughs)
    weed

#15     Mar 27, 2007
  6. pdcomm

pdcomm

jack hershey - - - AWESOME simply AWESOME . :)

TL Trader - - - Thanks ... agreed , life has a way of getting in front of our dreams at times .

achilles28 - - - hmmm ... yep , life's a grin with a touch of salt ... :)

#16     Mar 28, 2007
  7. Tums

Tums

on a fair spring day

#17     Mar 28, 2007
  8. pdcomm

pdcomm

Tums - - - I have never been sailing . :( It has always seemed a refreshing activity . One day , hopefully . :)

#18     Mar 28, 2007
  9. WD40

WD40

I like to ride in the evening. The temperature is much cooler.

• jump.jpg
      File size:
      98.9 KB
      Views:
    #19     Apr 1, 2007
  10. pdcomm

pdcomm

WD40

Early morning... we'd make our way out to a high point about a mile from the barn and watch the sun rise . :)

In my youth ( 15 ish ) , I had a horse with a nice amount of fire in his eyes . He was a gelded cross of American saddle bred and Thorough bred . He stood at 16 1/2 hands ; was liver chestnut with one 12 " white boot and 3 feathers ; a nearly perfect white diamond on his forehead ; mane at 16 - 18 " and tail tip an inch off the ground ( both a light chestnut , almost to gold ).
    And he could jump ... neighbors would see him out at night , running . He'd always be back in the pasture when I got to the barn in the morning , so I thought they must have been talking about a different horse . Until , one evening a friend and myself were driving , came around a bend and meet my horse , headed in the opposite direction ( toward the barn ) . We turned and went to the barn , getting there in time to see him jump the fence ( putting himself back in the pasture ) ... That's how I found out he could jump .

I really like the ' action ' photo you posted .

A good horse can make you feel that way . :)

pd .

#20     Apr 2, 2007