Realtime RSS reader?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by forforex, Oct 9, 2006.

1. forforex

forforex

I am using RSS reader but it has 10 min update.

It would really help it you guys would tell me any realtime RSS feeds reader.

Ty

2. www.feedreader.com

I have downloaded and tried a few feedreaders, but this seems like the best one for me and its free.

3. Just a sidenote. You can test your feedreader through the yahoo message boards. Go to the message board and you can add the rss feed. Then post a message on the board and wait to see how fast your reader picks it up.

4. Sorry, one more sidenote. On Feedreader, it has a simple pop-up box that makes a noise when new news comes in.

So when a headline comes in then I hear the warning sound and quickly turn my head to view the headline.

Newsgator has a gimmicky interface with a streaming tickerlike headline, but its too confusing. I just want to hear a warning tone, read quickly and then move onto something else.

I tried both Newsgator and Mozillas Thunderbird, but I found that they didnt update as fast as Feedreader and were too gimicky.

5. just21

just21

Thanks for mentioning this program. How do you click on the box and get the story straight into your browser window? At the moment I click and goto the headline in feedreader and have to click again.

6. Go to tools, then options at the top. There is a selection to open the window in the internal browser or external browser.

I use the headlines from real time headlines from marketwatch, yahoo for the specific stock that I am in, and cnn top stories for my minute to minute feed. I have it set to make a sound and pop the box up in the lower right corner. I hear the sound, quickly go through the headlines in the lower right corner and then keep going.

7. forforex

forforex

this program isnt realtime :( so I guess there are no realtime RSS readers :(

8. It checks every 1 minute.

9. Check out Attensa for Outlook. Since it is integrated with Outlook it has some features I find useful. Plus I get stuck in email quite a bit so it makes sense.

10. just21

just21

#10     Oct 10, 2006