Realtime Data for the S&P E-Mini

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by ross1985, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ross1985

ross1985

The only thing I actively trade is the E-Mini S&P with my Interactive Brokers Account. I’m not a big fan of the free TWS workstation that Interactive Brokers provides to analyze the E-mini chart. I recently signed up for a free 1-month trial on TradingView and I absolutely love their chart layout and easy to use tools. My free trial has now ended.

Looking at TradingView’s plans, the cheapest way for me to get real-time data for the e-mini is to pay $9.95/month for two years with a PRO account and an additional $45/month for two years for CME Globex E-mini Futures realtime data (Total $1318.80 for two years).

I find this to be way overpriced as I currently pay Interactive Brokers only $1.68/month for CME Globex realtime data. My question is, can anyone recommend a site that has nice chart layouts and charges significantly less for realtime data? I’m not interested in closing my IB account and switching to a different brokerage. I’m just looking for a website that provides nice chart layouts and cheaper plans for realtime data. Thanks

2. It will have opportunity cost just to park money with a broker just for their platform you like. It's the best bet. So essentially you pay zero fees, but get to use their platforms.

3. ThinkorSwim

comagnum, Money Trust and Baron like this.
  4. CyJackX

CyJackX

I import my IB data into Ninjatrader, which is free for just charting.

I'm totally fine with IB's default data. I don't use DOM and I'm not trading fast enough to worry about tick data.

5. I have used IB and TOS from TDAmeritrade. The charting capability on TOS is like comparing a BMW to a Model T when comparing to IB. No minimums and no service charges.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. just21

just21

I second the suggestion to use the IB datafeed into ninjatrader for free.

7. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

You can have a free version of TradingView and CQG data running through it. You only utilize the plain vanilla version, but if you only need E-mini SP then the quote is $5 per month for Globex once you go live. You can try this version here: https://optimusfutures.com/TradingView.php

By the way, the fee above goes directly to the CME ($5) and it covers the indices (ES, NQ, and RTY), Currency Futures, and Meats. The CBOT is another $5 for the YM, and it covers treasuries and grains as well.

We can not provide quotes only unless the customer is funded.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    murray t turtle and ross1985 like this.
  8. pinabetal

pinabetal

OEC has decent charting (but i guess that depends on viewpoint). Also has recording capabilities to record your trading and replay later. Can trade from Dom or from chart or both. Various type of orders allowed including bracket...etc... Platform is free. Data feed for ES AND NQ IS 5.00 month for both. Another 5.00 for YM. So for 10 you get all three. In addition, if you don't use DOM and just need chart i think data feed is 1.00 per month instead of 5.00. You can go to OEC WEBSITE and check it out. Actually I think Gain Futures aquired them so either site will have info.

Finally Global Futures uses SAME OEC PLATFORM. they just call it GZT for Global Zen Trader. All trades thru GZT go thru Gain Futures. The Data fees are paid to Gain once a data feed account is opened at Gain Futures. So, say a person opens an account at Global Futures and chooses the free platform GZT then you just go to Gain futures and open a data feed account. Make your selections for data feed designating Global Futures as the introducing broker. The cost can be deducted monthly from your account or you can pay separately via credit card, I think. anyway some ideas.

JefeTrader and ross1985 like this.
  9. %%
    I like several things about IB, reliability, free calender.......their warning to use 2 brokers,And their old ad with the owner riding a horse, looks like, on a crowded Chicago street, LOL-'' Punchline =Never choose an ordinary investment vehicle''