Realtick (TAL) API's

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by vikana, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Does anyone here have experience with realticks API for getting at the data stream ?

I would appreciate it if you would share your experience, either here on or via PM.

Thanks in advance!

Allan

2. Yes, send me a PM and I will answer your questions or give you my pnone number.

3. echo

echo

I'm sure Metoox will be able to help you. If not, drop me a line as well. I've written a few apps that link into the TAL servers.

4. Is there a Java API available? If so what's the cost? Is there a trial period?

5. echo

echo

Provided are C and COM interfaces (as well as a beta .NET release). There is no fee for access to the API, but the cost of the data feed is a RealTick subscription (starting around $150/month).

6. it looks like there is a sockets interface, which should work just fine from Java. At least that's what I'm going to try first

7. echo

echo

If you are referring to Tuber, you might want to give them a call. Last time I checked, only folks that run full data servers can use Tuber (for something like $2000/month). The reason is that Tuber doesn't (didn't?) have any form of security as far as distribution of data, etc. If they have changed their policy, or have released some other pure sockets interface, I'd love to know about it.

8. Yup.....very expensive if you want to use
    straight sockets.

I wrote a C to java gateway instead.
    Piece of cake. :D

axeman

9. O well then. I had hoped to avoid MS stuff if possible. But calling a dll from Java is obviously no big deal. Bummer ...

10. Not about API but still about Realticks. Just wondering if they have implemented their OCO (One cancel the other) order yet.

#10     Aug 14, 2002