Realtick problems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Brandonf, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Bsulli

Bsulli

The only thing I could find any where was class and not attribute. as far as being confused about the two it's beyond me that a charting company would expect an end user to know or even care that these exist, but that's for another discussion and another day.

So moving on If I'm understanding you correctly then in the MMaker window Level 1 price server should point to the "quotes" server and Level2 price server to should point to the "Level2" server. Is my understanding correct then? I couldn't find any listing of "LEVEL2NI" should that appear?

Thanks in advance.

Bsulli

#21     Nov 14, 2002
  2. I really doubt that it is a connection issue. It happens too fast, boom I'm disconnected. When I have a bad connection I get a message that it is queing data. Plus it only happens right after the open. I'm alwyas able to reconnect immediately but it is disconcerting. It is not everyday and lately seems to have improved but it will happen every few days. I don't know what your people could tell me if I called, since it is a transient problem.

#22     Nov 14, 2002
  3. If you're queuing data, it means that data is not getting through to you from the server. It may mean that you have a connectivity issue, but more likely you are requesting more data than is able to fit through the line or than your computer is able to process. Intermittant connectivity problems will by symptomatic exactly as you describe. My suspicion is that the huge amounts of data flying around your ISP around the open are causing their routers to slow down in passing on information.

Josh Moses
    Townsend Analytics

#23     Nov 14, 2002
  4. Hambone

Hambone

Should We have $LEVEL2$ selected for both Level1 and Level2 price severs to be safe, or leave Level1 server pointed at &QUOTES&, (or $QUOTES$ or "default $QUOTES$")?

rah

#24     Nov 15, 2002
  5. Just leave the level 1 portion alone. It should be pointed to the default class, which should be $QUOTES$. Assuming you do nothing to the level 2 portion, it will automatically point itself to $LEVEL2$.

Josh Moses
    Townsend Analytics

#25     Nov 15, 2002