RealTick MM-OES Improvement

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Lancer, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Lancer

Lancer

I think improvements to the existing RealTick order-entry interface are long overdue. Here's a proposed design for an improved market maker - order entry screen. What do you think?

(Disregard the fractions; I created this over a year ago.)

2. cartm

cartm

Lancer,
    that is sweet. got my vote. do 1 for baskets. very sweet. email it to the guys at rt or tn they are usually very responsive. see if they can work something out. theres a chat tomorrow if i am there i will bring it up to them.

3. Lancer

Lancer

Thanks for the vote cartm. Any suggestions for improving it further?

Regarding "email it to the guys at rt or tn they are usually very responsive.", I wish that were true. My experience is that TAL is NOT responsive to retail improvement suggestions. (The retail product apparently sells well enough as-is). You can send it in month after month, but you won't see it in product (unless you're an institutional client on contract). They'll spend time animating the RealTick logo though.

I gave this improved MM-OES design to TAL over a year ago (with regular follow-up). Glad you've had better results Cartm.

Here's a couple questions for the chat tonight: RealTick has great potential, but it's a relic. What's hindering material improvements to the retail product? How long will users have to suffer an order-entry interface that actually hinders order entry?

4. cartm

cartm

Lancer,
    check your inbox. later.

5. Lancer

Lancer

Improved multiquote files for the Market Maker: