Realtick + Hotkeys

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LelandC, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Leland,

I stand corrected. Againl I do not trade listed but I had no idea that ARCA had evolved into such a seeminly powerful tool for trading listed stocks. Question for you. I realize they wer hyping their own thing on the link you provided, but it sure sounds like using their liquidity seeking features makes more sense then sending it directly (and only) to DOT or to any specific exchange for that matter.

ALso, did you see the statement that "orders can be sent to multiple exchanges simultaneously"....how is that possible? What if 2 separate orders for the same shares get filled at the same time?

#11     Oct 11, 2001
  2. LelandC

LelandC

DaTTrader,

I am not sure about the sending order to different exchanges at the same time. I normally send my order via DOT unless there is something else cheaper (ie: Nasdaq, BSE, etc).

Leland

P.S. Check our private messages here on elitetrader...

#12     Oct 11, 2001
  3. Little different question: Is it possible in RT to have a hot key to increase/decrease the order entry price before you transmit an order? In other words, you double click on a line in the Level II window and a price fills in, but can you change that price with a hot key? You can do it in IB and its very handy.

#13     Oct 11, 2001
  4. Nordic

Nordic

Leland,

Do you know if ARCA routing supports NYSE Direct+ executions? ISI websight says they do.

#14     Oct 11, 2001
  5. LelandC

LelandC

Nordic,

I am pretty sure that the Arca route includes Direct+ executions - but don't quote me on that (LOL)

#15     Oct 11, 2001
  6. I'm not an expert on ARCA but the NYSE+ and DOT routes are very different routes. The NYSE+ has a limit on the # of shares while DOT doesn't.

rtharp

#16     Oct 11, 2001
  7. After you click on the price on the level 2 screen, click in the price box itself (to make it active) then your arrow keys on the keyboard will toggle the price up/down by predetermned amounts which you set in the order entry set up.

#17     Oct 11, 2001
  8. DATTrader,

Thanks, that works great.

#18     Oct 11, 2001