Realtick down?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by illiquid, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Bsulli

Bsulli

Guess someone tripped over the extention cord and knock it out of the plug! lol

:D

#31     Oct 9, 2003
  2. KEF

KEF

I tried emailing TAL, there email server returned that it was not receiving emails.

I expect TAL to provide a full explanation of what happened, and how they will prevent it from happening again. This type of error is expensive.

#32     Oct 9, 2003
  3. shneed

shneed

I've got charts back up, dtill no level II or Open Book.

shneed

#33     Oct 9, 2003
  4. I have L2, but no charts. Had charts for a few minutes, but no historical. Now nothing.

#34     Oct 9, 2003
  5. Still no charts or Level 2 here and Level 1 Quotes are incorrect against my other platforms. It is 2:27 pm here on the East coast.

#35     Oct 9, 2003
  6. Charts are now back up, of course this is at the LOWS of the DAY in the S&P after a 10 handle sell off.

How freaking convenient!!!

2:38PM PST.

:mad:

#36     Oct 9, 2003
  7. tmb

tmb

I nearly posted a similar thought this morning, but decided it might be in bad taste to do so: It had occurred to me that having a known group of market participants at a disadvantage was a good opportunity for a reversal, like when Globex was down a few months back and the SPX made a V-bottom and then gapped up the next day.
    No offense meant to anyone, but it seems to me that is how markets behave these days.

#37     Oct 9, 2003
  8. Apparently, from the higher-ups at REALTICK the word is that there was an extremely "unique" problem that wound-up taking their 7.6 Platform down the tubes.

Trust me when I tell you that they got a lot of "nasty" phone calls from everyone, including banks, hedge-funds, institutional traders, etc.

The good news is that they are throwing in the towel on 7.6 and will be rolling out 7.7 much sooner than previously anticipated.

7.7 comes with better security and a brand new architecture that will prevent what happened today, along with a much larger capacity so as to avoid freeze-ups and latency issues.

7.7 was suppose to take a month to come out.
    After what happened today, it will undoubtedly be coming out MUCH SOONER!

#38     Oct 9, 2003
  9. I have been running 7.7 alongside 7.6 as an expeirment due to the fact that I had slow chart feed problems a while a go. The broker let me access the beta version of 7.7. As of last week 7.7 is completly unstable and jerky...constant reloads and lost quotes. If they are forced to roll out that piece of crap that they have been working on now for 9 months in a last second effort because of today's outage we are not going to be happy campers in the short run.

#39     Oct 9, 2003
  10. I don't have charts again - anyone else having this problem tonight?

#40     Oct 9, 2003