Realtick down?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by illiquid, Oct 9, 2003.

1. hayman

hayman

Also, NY (east here). As of 12:30 PM (EST) Level I is back up, but no Level II.

Tech Support told me that their login servers threw up, and were unable to communicate with their price servers. Regardless, totally unacceptable.

#21     Oct 9, 2003
  2. KEF

KEF

This is unaceptable. I have wasted an evening of research and a morning of trading. RT should be a high end platform, with high end performance. If I can have a backup computer with RT installed, they can have backup servers. I will be expecting both an explaination and an action which will prevent this from happening again. Cybertrader is looking good.

#22     Oct 9, 2003
  3. Another update as of 12:41 eastern standard time. Servers are not fully connected. Level 1 quotes available only..charts are messed up and no Level 2. This is the official word from my broker. Yes I'm trading in NYC. Lucky for me I have back up systems with other brokers. This still is extremely unacceptable for the most expensive platform to have server problems like this agree with all of you.

#23     Oct 9, 2003
  4. Any updates from anyone?

#24     Oct 9, 2003
  5. I'm out on the West Coast and I am having the same problems.

There is no historical charting, and no charting on the S&P's that goes back more than 10 minutes

This is a joke!

#25     Oct 9, 2003
  6. shneed

shneed

no level II or charts here (Southern Florida) either. Would love to find another alternative. RT has been unreliable lately.

shneed

#26     Oct 9, 2003
  7. VOLUME

VOLUME

This is ridiculous....everyone has system problems on occasion, but this has lasted 4 hours.

October will definitely be my last month using RT.

Volume

#27     Oct 9, 2003
  8. What's the word with Hammer and E-Signal for REMOTE traders?

The Cytrix guys back in New Jersey for Assent know nothing about this!

Thanks.

:)

#28     Oct 9, 2003
  9. VOLUME

VOLUME

Check your PM

#29     Oct 9, 2003
  10. Catoosa

Catoosa

I get the feeling this outage is going to take a while to fix. I just hope the systems will be back to normal by trading time tomorrow. I have had my RealTick service for several years and would not trade without it. The customer support people have always been top notch. But, this time it sure looks like a major problem on their end.

#30     Oct 9, 2003