Realtick down?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by illiquid, Oct 9, 2003.

1. gaj

gaj

thanks...i was fortunate to have a position going in my favor, and just closed it out. probably early, but i like having my feeds up and operational, and will call it an early day...

#11     Oct 9, 2003
  2. I closed the lock, and now that I am back in I don't get anything. And, TA_SRV is not an option to set the server too...

What did I do when I closed the lock? How do I reverse it? Please advise?

#12     Oct 9, 2003
  3. dont worry snoop i didnt change anything either on my settings at my servers also are being deleted. Its not just your computer if that helps.

#13     Oct 9, 2003
  4. hayman

hayman

Inexcusbale....and to make matters worse, I just committed to a year of service with them. They better do something for their customers for this outage.....no excuses to be out this long during a trading day.

#14     Oct 9, 2003
  5. Thanks - what sucks is that I had prices before I did the lock thing, but no charts. Now I have nothing. So, I was wondering what exactly I did when I closed the lock, and if there is anything I should do to revert back to how it was before I closed it.

Thanks again.

#15     Oct 9, 2003
  6. Its now 11:50 eastern standard time. No Realtick service as of yet. This outage has now been an hour and half long. Called broker they now say they have no idea when its going to be up.

#16     Oct 9, 2003
  7. gaj

gaj

snoop - closing the lock is just a way to make sure that all of RT is shut down (including slower processes, etc.) it does nothing to change your settings.

the other part does, but when RT works fully, it can be reset.

i stopped trading b/c of this problem, and won't get back here during trading hours.

#17     Oct 9, 2003
  8. Realtick is running again. However all Charts and Level 2 are not. Its getting there.

#18     Oct 9, 2003
  9. small

small

Are you in eastern? I was told this was just affecting central US.

Can anyone who is down give your region?

#19     Oct 9, 2003
  10. East - NYC.

For the most part, I am satisfied with RT and TNT. No major problems - just a few minor ones. But today is unacceptable, especially for those of us who make a living trading. There is just a feeling of helplessness, and a wasted day.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???

Peace dawg.

#20     Oct 9, 2003