RealTick Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by luitom, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Catoosa

Catoosa

From your posts, I think your question is on the slippage you are having on your stop orders and I think I will let others advise you on stop orders since I do not use stop orders.

If it was IB's Java based TWS you were using, I think you already know all about IB's trading platform. But, I will give the biggest advantages I find with TWS:

With IB's TWS, you can have several one line drop down order lines on the same stock or several stocks all at the same time. This is a real advantage if you are trying to trade several stocks all at the same time. Also, "Best Execution" works great for large orders. "Best Execution" can break a large order down and find the best price for each part of the order in the blink of the eye (there is no way I can do this without "best execution"). RealTick's order platform does not come close to TWS. However, RealTick's spin button method of changing the share price and share quantity is far superior to IB's antiquated methods.

Catoosa

#11     Apr 15, 2002
  2. TNO-Mike

TNO-Mike

Here's a few reasons to choose Terra Nova:

1) We have been rated #1 in trade executions by Barron's magazine two years in a row*.
    2) We pay for Realtick in any month you do over 50 trades/month.
    3) Daily Realtick training via Webex.
    4) Weekly live trading events.
    5) We are the one of the largest Realtick brokers. Terra Nova Trading, L.L.C. was established in 1994.
    6) 125% Marketwise Tuition Reimbursement. Take a class with MarketWise Trading School and Terra Nova Online will reimburse you through commission rebates.

We offer both a very professional and proactive support and trade desk. What I would encourage you to do is join us for one of our daily webex demonstrations to see if you think you could work well with our firm. No matter what you decide, I wish you the best.

*One other firm received the same ranking in 2001

Regards,

Michael Garvey
    Client Services
    Terra Nova Online

#12     Apr 16, 2002
  3. ericynot

ericynot

If you want to use RealTick, give Cobra Trading a call. Nice people, excellent support, good pricing. I've traded with them since 2008. I'm not a big-time trader (average around $35 million/year in trades), but that's enough to have a pretty thorough picture of a particular broker/dealer.

#13     May 3, 2014