Realtick 8.1 Charting problem

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by listedguru, Apr 26, 2005.

1. I just recently switched to Realtick 8.1 (from 7.7) because I could not get my order entry buttons to show up in 7.7 after moving to a new computer. Anyways I am having trouble with the charts on version 8.1

For some reason if I have a 10 min intraday chart (for instance) linked to a marker maker screen and leave it there for sometime the chart will not update - it just flatlines. Any idea whats going on here? My data in my level II is realtime (and correct) but my charts won't update...

-Guru

2. hi,

call townsend. also, if you are on comcast you'll need to set your DNS servers manually--they have technical issues currently.

alex

3. I had that problem on a daily chart, and just clicked "Setup" in the chart window, and "OK" - it prompted it to start updating. Not an optimal thing to have to do, but at least I have not had to do it again.

4. Does it take a lot longer for your 8.1 to load, or is it just me? I thought I saw a post about that on the other thread, but it seemed to disappear.

All in all, 8.1 has a lot of cool, new stuff. But, it took me a few days to get used to it...

5. Well it look like I may have fixed my Realtick 8.1 charting issue? The tech guys suggested doing a complete uninstall and a reinstall and that seemed to do the trick.

I am having another issue with Realtick one that I have had since way back. My windows always seem to move around and constantly need to be readjusted (especially charts). It seems like the more I type in new symbols and switch charts, etc the more they seem to move around the page (it's pretty annoying to me).

Is this normal?

-Guru

6. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have never had such a problem. I have about 30 RealTick windows spread out over eight monitors. I am using RT 8.0.

7. yep. it works fine if there are no 'issues'.

but, i see your approach is better then mine; i have eight people watching one monitor; will switch around :)

alex

8. notchum

notchum

ROFLMAO