Really unhappy with Ensign and DTN/IQ data feed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jo.m, Apr 26, 2007.

1. As a DTN customer, all I can say is Yes... it's the Bomb. Yes it leads IB's feed at times. It's rock solid stable.

Perhaps they are doing upgrades (which is not an "admission") But in doing so, I doubt the guys would let quality slip. I changed feeds for the past 10 days and hated the change. (Trying out new things) Going right back to DTN. Back to that solid Data I was used to till 4/17

My packages was Securites, Futures, CBOT and Tullets/Barclays Forex Data.

No Data freezes, hangups or disconnects....

I pretty much left the feed up 24/7

#11     Apr 27, 2007
  2. I have been running Esignal next to CQG all this month, Esignal is in lock step with CQG. I have been scratching my head over this.

#12     Apr 27, 2007
  3. notouch

notouch

DTN is way behind eSignal and only slightly ahead of IB (if at all) in terms of speed. Also with eSignal you can just cancel and restart your subscription as you wish (for example if you're going on a 3 week holiday you can cancel for 3 weeks and then restart). With DTN on the other hand they refuse to cancel your subscription unless you give 15 days notice. So with DTN you get an inferior product and you're probably not going to make any savings compared to eSignal.

#13     Apr 27, 2007
  4. Aok

Aok

Zero problems with Dtn/Iq. Try it with Sierra, QT etc. May have been some conflict with ensign.

Good luck.

#14     Apr 27, 2007
  5. DTN is always ahead of IB's data feed. (At least in my office)

I am usually fussing because DTN has updated and I am sitting waiting for IB's feed to update (okay a second or so, but you know we can get anal.)

#15     Apr 27, 2007
  6. The different results posted here from the same feeds are interesting.

At the moment I have eSignal, IQ Feed, and IB. I have run all three together and found IQ Feed to lag IB and eSignal. IB and eSignal are very close.

The IQ Feed has been solid although their new client crashed on me once or twice after prolonged use. If you visit their developers forum you will see that I'm not he only one to experience this.

IQ Feed does not store pre-market data on their servers and at the moment does not support second resolution of their tick feed. The second resolution is expected out very soon.

YMMV

#16     Apr 28, 2007
  7. Sounds like a YMMV situation.

#17     Apr 28, 2007
  8. A whole month?

Just wait, Esignal will go off the reservation soon enough, especially if you use it with international data. This has been dabated in a number of threads.

#18     Apr 28, 2007
  9. While that may be true Jayford, DTN has very limited international market offerings and is reluctant to add more for some reason. They pumped up the crowd in 2006 by stating on their forum that they were going to offer more international exchanges but they never did. Instead for some reason they decided to add Bursa Malaysia exchange (WTF???) and one other small exchange that I can't recall to their ProphetX product.

Because of this, I am forced with no alternative, and so are a lot of other current and potential customers.

Best regards,
    MK

#19     Apr 28, 2007
  10. jd7419

jd7419

Hey everyone.

I have been an esignal subscriber for about 5 years. Before that I used tradestation. I like many others throughout these threads have been frustrated with esignals tech support, handling of customer issues, and most of all price. I pay now about 350 a month for all the exchanges I need.

I started testing other data providers and have kept coming back to esignal. Tradestation years ago when I used it lagged esignal badly. About 6 months ago I tried metastock with reuters feed. I had a hard time setting up charts etc., but used it for about 2 weeks before cancelling. Simply put esignals es and other futures quotes were up to 3/10 of a second quicker.

Next was dtn. Wanted to keep it because it was alot cheaper but still es 3/10 of second behind esignal. The customer rep I spoke to couldn't believe it. Basically he said It was my fault. I cancelled dtn.

Next is sierra which I just subscribed to on last Thursday with trackdata feed. This I really want to work because with exchanges and sierra fee it only comes to a little over $100 per month. This is the closet one in terms of speed to esignal but it is still behind. I am going to give it a try for the rest of the month but am not expecting much.

Anyway thats my experience with other data feeds. The only one I havent tried yet is cqg. I will eventually test this one.

#20     Apr 29, 2007