Really, too much snow for a football game!!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taclander, Dec 26, 2010.

1. sjfan

sjfan

You say it's a tongue in cheek - okay - then in the next paragraph you go back to dumping on the NFL about east coast pansies? So is what you said tongue in cheek, or do you know understand what tongue in cheek means?

Also - awesome if they hit a pole and kill themselves. Not so great if instead of a pole they hit some guy trying to get home from a late shift.

#11     Dec 27, 2010
  2. that's part of the f^king entertainment value that not every team plays on CARPET in balmy 70 f^king degrees! f^ck playing in a "climate controlled environ!"

football should f^king be played OUT OF DOORS ON GRASS!

#12     Dec 27, 2010
  3. the "challenges" should be eliminated..slows the play too much. coaches are already gaming the rules even when they know they are pretty sure the call is good. bad for the game.

the refs performance should be reviewed game by game after-the-fact. if they are wrong get rid of them.

can you imagine challenges in a baskerball game with everyone standing around shooting the shit for ten mins while they sort it out every third play?

getv rid of the coach challenge and place the responsibility squarely back where it belongs..ON CORRECT CALLS ..ON THE FIELD..DURING THE PLAY ...BY THE REFS!

that's their job.

#13     Dec 27, 2010
  4. Wow, you really do need to get a grip. And yes, I do know what tongue and cheek means, do you? Here's one for you:
    "Governor Ed Rendell joined countless fans upset about the game's move to Tuesday when he told Fox News:

"It's an absolute joke. I was looking forward to this. It would have been a real experience. This is what football is all about. We're becoming a nation of wussies.""
    ROFL!!!

Man oh man, I thought this would be funny, but I guess some people live life a little to far over on the serious side. Do you support ethanol too? Do you believe the government should take over the functions of your life? Sorry, but you give me the impression of a liberal who needs others to decide what is best to do everyday of your life.
    He he he, that should wind you up. :D

#14     Dec 27, 2010
  5. BSAM

BSAM

People hollering about public safety concerns.

LOL

I guanantee you that if the game had been scheduled for a domed stadium, this game would have been played.

#15     Dec 27, 2010
  6. #17     Dec 27, 2010
  7. Not sure what your point is KTS. That was a couple of weeks or so ago, and involved the stadium collapsing. They did play an outdoor game at the Gophers new stadium last week, right after a blizzard in Minnesota.

#18     Dec 27, 2010
  8. i really do appreciate the fact your posting here..

:)

#19     Dec 27, 2010
  9. Also to note, Vikes owner looking into ALL home games next year at Gophers new stadium....he thinks Dome is unsafe.

#20     Dec 27, 2010