Really? The Tea Party is not about Big Business or race?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i cant argue with any of that.

#51     Feb 25, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

it WAS noticed by the fiscally conservative right. the followers of ron paul have been lashing out for years about it. but it didnt go mainstream until the economy went into the tank. it took that collapse to wake up the beast.

#52     Feb 25, 2011
  3. The followers of Ron Paul are not the GOP.

Paul pulled how much of the vote in 2008?

About the same as Nader pulled in 2000.

Nader has been railing against many of the same issues Paul has when it has to do with corruption in the government and corporations for quite a long time.

A big difference between the two, in my opinion, is that Paul's ideas is false because he thinks the free market will take care of any problem, when it has repeatedly been shown that human nature being what it is, will allow the corrupt to keep the market actually and a level competitive playing field.

Our founders understood human nature, and build a political system with checks and balances against the abuse of political power.

But the economic system should not have a balance of power built into its own system?

It is up to the government, or some external agent to keep the playing field level and punish the cheaters....just like in sports they have referees and rules, we need to protect the consumers from the cheating and abuses of the capitalist who have only one rule:

Greed is good. Which then allows for cheating, bribery of politicians to be rationalize because it falls under the category of advancing the highest good, namely greed.

#53     Feb 25, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

I agree. My best buddy has been a Paul fan for a long time, and we constantly debate.

Sure, there are some in the tea party who don't like the changing demographics of America, more who actually worry about the US ability to pay its debts, but I think the majority don't like that they are facing old age with nothing in their pockets. They're scared and they're lashing out.

#54     Feb 25, 2011
  5. Perhaps the problem lies in their inability to distinguish between Obama being more of a lagging indicator to the fiscal crisis as compared to Bush having been a leading indicator. The leading indicator in question is largely responsible for the debacle and has left it in the hands of the lagging indicator upon whom most of the blame is being imparted.

#55     Feb 25, 2011
  6. Private compensation for the CEO's has not stagnated.

It is like the coaches and owners are making more money, but the players are making less.

Why don't the players make less?

You got it, collective bargaining and a strong players union.

If not for the union, they would not be able to collectively bargain with the owners.

That's why sports with the necessary regulation for the good of the sport is a better model than what we see without unions.

#56     Feb 25, 2011
  7. For Lucrum and Gabby in their never ending sexual debate. Don't know who is singing it to whom, but this one's for you.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wMyKpx_KKrQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#57     Feb 25, 2011
  8. Crock of shit. I have done work for a local tea party chapter, and have been castigated (by them) for my own views being "too racist". That essentially, because I believe race is not a social construct and that AA and "diversity" policies are inherently anti white, that my "racial views" aren't consistent with the broader tea party platform, which has nothing to do with race. Apparently if you think race is a biological reality, of if you think racially based hiring and university admissions criteria is unfair, then you are a "racist".

Lucky for me, since race has nothing to do with the tea party platform, it doesn't matter. Hence, anyone is free to participate in the tea party movement; an anti white "kill the crakahs" new black panther, or a skinhead could technically participate so long as they have an abiding belief in limiting the size and scope of government. Hence, the tea party is not a racially oriented organization, and racial views are irrelevant to the tea party platform. In fact, one of the most popular tea party figures, Allen West, is a black man. The historical founder of the movement , Crispus Attucks, was also a black man. Hence it's difficult to rationally support the notion that the tea party is somehow a racist or racially oriented organization.

#58     Mar 1, 2011
  9. "I have done work for a local tea party chapter, and have been castigated (by them) for my own views being "too racist".

Oh, if only you were a little bit racist the teaparty would have accepted you with open arms.

So the teaparty is the KKK-Lite party...

#59     Mar 1, 2011
  10. A group with no racial views whatsoever, which allows membership to people of all races, which has multiracial leadership, is somehow a "racist" organization... Interesting hypothesis Sherlock.. LOL!

#60     Mar 2, 2011