Really? The Tea Party is not about Big Business or race?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I concur.

#41     Feb 25, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Christie has found an easy target, the public service unions, in a climate where the working class is beginning to see how they have fared over the years and resent that those unions still have their benefits, ie. they won't defend them. But Christie would look vastly less hardnosed and effective if he tried to take on medicare, medicaid, the pentagon, etc.

#42     Feb 25, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you kidding me? He'll be even more loved. Look, everyone on the right wants someone else to come forward and say that. Once someone actually does, from that day forward they will be the new Reagan.

#43     Feb 25, 2011
  4. Christie is demonic. Seriously, just step back and watch the guy. First time I saw him, he reminded me of one of the goons in GoodFellas with dead eyes. Christie actually looks and talks like a made guy, a union representative.

I watched the interview of Governor Walker, I watch Coulter, and many others.

They all have dead eyes. It is as if they have taken Botox to kill the muscles in their faces to hide their real reactions.

When I see Christie, Walker, etc. take on the sacred cows of defense spending, Wall Street, Corporations, etc. then they might have some credibility instead of just partisanship.

Same is true for dems, but Dems aren't nearly as Darth Vader as the republicans are...

#44     Feb 25, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I'm not kidding. He would have too many powerful adversaries, many of whom employ the very workers that you (and I) believe would love him, in theory. Thus, ultimately, he would not have their support either.

#45     Feb 25, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Come on man, Jack Kennedy took on the unions and was beloved for it. Everyone in politics has powerful adversaries. LOL.

#46     Feb 25, 2011
  7. Hello

Hello

Are you serious? When did private sector unions EVER have the same benefits as public sector unions. Find me a single company which allowed people to retire for life after 25 years with 90% of their last years wage. Let alone the full dental and medical.

Even in the heyday of private sector unions no one even came close to the B.S. we are handing out to public sector unions. It has nothing to do with jealousy, and everything to do with the fact that people are finally waking up that we are broke.

#47     Feb 25, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

The unions are a done deal, basically, they have little clout left. He would be up against the military industrial complex, to use an old term that still basically fits. He might be loved by the common man, but I don't think he'd get any traction, to put it mildly.

#48     Feb 25, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Come on Ricter. Take the tin foil hat off your head.

[​IMG]

#49     Feb 25, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

In my own lifetime the public service has gone from being a joke for compensation, to being pretty good for compensation. In that same span, private compensation has stagnated or fallen. The public service is only now going through what the private sector has over the past few decades.

Anyway, it's only speculation, we can cheer or boo a new player who may come on the field, but we don't actually know how well they'd play. History shows us many surprises.

#50     Feb 25, 2011