REALLY believing you WILL do something

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Persistant and repetitive belief plants the seed to allow yourself become what you believe. But you won't actually do what you believe until you first become what you believe. Then you will do what you are. As was previously summed up very nicely:

"Be, then Do, then Have"

#21     Sep 9, 2003

2. scientist,

what is your opinion of richard bandler ??

thanks,

surfer:)

#22     Sep 9, 2003
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Tiger Woods on his golf game while coming out of a slump; "All you have to do is believe you can do it". Of course that is after a lifetime of learning and practice.

I have found that negative feedback sucks, beating yourself up over things done wrong is possibly no help at all. I research and journal about things that I do wrong, I don't dwell on it because that is anti-belief. I do think about and pat myself on the back about the things done well because that builds up your belief in your ability to do things well.

#23     Sep 9, 2003
  4. T-REX

T-REX

WOW!

This is a great discussion. I must say you are all correct.
    If it had not been for the fact that I had been blessed with the opportunity to test my trading ideas in the market with REAL MONEY (although other peoples money back when I was a FUTURES Broker) I would not have had the confidence nor should I for that matter that I could actually earn a living as a sucessful trader.

2 thumbs up GG!!!

:) :D

#24     Sep 9, 2003
  5. If a trader were to believe that he could comprehend
    the market by conceptual reasoning, logic, or duplication of method, would he not possess a tenable position of the mind
    and hold this preference in higher regard than those
    of the market’s activity, regardless of the consequences?

If a mouse were to successfully navigate one maze in order to reach food, would he starve by not believing he could navigate any maze?

A trader looks. A trader feels. A trader acts. Much like a
    mouse who learns to make progress in one maze
    by not changing who he is, but rather, changing
    what he does allows the mouse to navigate any maze.
    To believe is not to separate the mind from markets or
    mazes from mouse traps. To believe is the ability to accept that you cannot be aware of what you don’t know, and yet have the insight to stay focused on what you will never know.

As an example, if a trader were to enter an uncertain maze, might the trader believe the uncertainty of the maze to be
    a source of fear as opposed to the fear resulting from
    what he does not yet know or believe about himself?

There is a difference between listening to the maze and hearing the mousetrap.

#25     Sep 9, 2003

6. the maze changes, yet remains the same. hence lies the dilemma and the opportunity.

intuitive anticipatory action based on price reaction is the NEXT WAVE.....

ciao,

market sur fer

:)

#26     Sep 9, 2003
  7. Sounds like SOMP to me :)

Ciao,

Señor Subliminal

#27     Sep 9, 2003
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Something funny but maybe true, some scientists working with mice and mazes concluded that the main difference between humans and mice in some regards was that a mouse would not cling to a belief system about a maze once it failed but a human would try the same approach to a complex problem long after it stopped working.

#28     Sep 9, 2003
  9. I know this never works, but it just feels like it will this time

#29     Sep 9, 2003
  10. mojo59

mojo59

GG: I think you are really headed in the right direction by changing your thoughts. Whatever "Image" you may have here doesn't matter as you're on the road to changing it and becoming successful. Don't let anyone on this site deter you or your progress. This is the most positive I have heard you GG and it doesn't matter what you may have posted in the past. The present is where we live. Good luck GG.

#30     Sep 9, 2003