REALLY believing you WILL do something

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 9, 2003.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

I agree........ but believing is definetly a good start. Its how you handle what comes at ya, that really counts....

#11     Sep 9, 2003
  2. acrary

acrary

(Talent * Attitude * Persistence)^Time = Results

Zero out talent, attitude, or persistence and you get 0 results
    Without time your results will be minimal.

Gordon, I know you have talent, a great attitude, and you've demonstrated persistence. Give yourself some time and you'll achieve excellent results.

#12     Sep 9, 2003
  3. Q

Psychology

Discuss the psychological aspects of trading such as fear, greed, discipline, emotional control, etc.

UQ

Q

Chit Chat

Yes, there is more to life than trading! Drop in here to discuss things like politics, religion, cars, etc. These threads will not appear on the homepage.

UQ

#13     Sep 9, 2003
  4. ETRDR

ETRDR

Really "believing" anything DOES something!

What you truly believe determines the quality of your life. Your deeply held beliefs form the container that shape your thoughts, actions, and ultimately your experience.

#14     Sep 9, 2003
  5. My .02. You can't seperate system/methodology and beliefs. If you really believe something, you will create your system and make it happen. If you don't believe with that kind of intensity, it's much harder to overcome the setbacks and keep going.

#15     Sep 9, 2003

6. i don't think this is the context GG was thinking of. i think he is trying to argue that if you believe in any goal strong enough you can do it. this is simply not true. you might believe you can be a great athlete but without the body you aren't going to make it. you might believe you are going to be a movie star but without the right looks you wont make it. blind belief that you can do anything your mind sets itself to do is fantasy.

#16     Sep 9, 2003
  7. Too much analysis.. going on in your head.

The only thing that exists and ever will exist is the present. Future expectations and past memories don't mean shit.

DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or you never will.

#17     Sep 9, 2003
  8. that's not really what i was trying to say.

i think acrary summed it up perfectly (BTW, thank you, acrary).

i do not believe attitude is 100%, but it is certainly an element to success. obviously, you're not destined to become a great trader solely because of a great attitude. i'm just saying that the right attitude and persistence can play an important role.

some goals, such as getting in shape, don't even require much talent at all; yet many do not accomplish it.

#18     Sep 9, 2003
  9. that's right Gordon. Thinking right. If you're not thinking right you will have everything and not know it. And what you think you have won't be worth diddly squat.

When you're thinking right, you have everything you need, and you know it, and you don't need it.

#19     Sep 9, 2003

10. Sure bro...

that's why you have posted how many times???.... all about YOU... and your trading.

Y
    O
    U

over and over again. You..... are the one who has whined, who has noted how you cannot trade, how frustrated you are ... .etc., etc. So... yes, members of ET know all about Y.O.U. It sems to always be about GG!

Remember, you're are the one who created your ET "image" as a perennial loser; not anyone else. Think about that!

Regards ...

ICe
    :cool:

#20     Sep 9, 2003