Realitytrader Index Trading Room

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Vienna, Jun 1, 2002.

1. No problem. Check them out for yourself, I believe they offer a one week trial which is more than enough time to assess if they are right for you.

#11     Jun 2, 2002
  2. Neil

Neil

Not had any experience in that room vienna, but I was a member of a room in 'another place' that was run by allen and altho I did not actually follow many of his trades.. (and whenever I did I invariable managed to pick his losing ones!) I have to say that he did teach me a good deal about trading. Mostly to do with finding a style that suited myself.. using whatever technical stuff works for oneself and especially a restrained and patient style of trading.. thanks once more to allen for that..

Before anyone bethinks I doth praise him too much... I have to point out tho, that he does seem to be somewhat slow on updating the record on the site for his trades.. and atho I have not added up the index trades, his QQQ trades are not that great.. not if you count in commish.. Still, there are very few people prepared to actually let anyone see a genuine record of actual calls made.. and I can confirm that he is rigourously fair in his record from my own experience..

I think whatever the actual results.. and despite the high charges of such a room... it may be worth some time spent there. Do not imagine that is the place to spend your trading life... but certainly a place that may teach you some elements that may help you to succeed in the end on your own... and without wishing to put words in allen's mouth, I think he would be the first to agree with that..

Neil

#12     Jun 2, 2002
  3. Vienna

Vienna

Thank you Neil!

#13     Jun 2, 2002
  4. hi

i have copied the trade by trade results from the site and put it into excel, then draw a chart and the result was very nice - stable results with small drawdown but to get a realistik view I have added 0.01 cents per side (IB) NO slippage and the result is around break even after 3 month trading and $ 600 for chatroom membership

may be I made something wrong???

thoughts?

#14     Jun 2, 2002
  5. if you have problems to read it correctly replace , with . for english computers...

A - the result from site
    B - com. results without com
    C - 0.01 cent a share 0.02 tourn

thanks

#15     Jun 2, 2002
  6. the file

sorry its late here in austira ;)

#16     Jun 2, 2002
  7. Vienna

Vienna

How many shares are you trading? I was looking at the futures points, and 10 contracts- the results are fine it seems.

#17     Jun 2, 2002
  8. YOU, and only YOU, will know if a site will help you. That's why they offer a free trial. Some "experienced" trader telling you otherwise is nothing but a nickname lurking on a message board. Many on here could tell you they're the Easter Bunny with as much legitimacy as telling you they're an "experienced" trader.

#18     Jun 2, 2002
  9. TGregg

TGregg

I will enjoy taking money from you as you rely on chatrooms and other gurus. Thanks, I promise to toast to your good health (or at least your ability to obtain new capital) once a month.

#19     Jun 2, 2002
  10. Can you tell me where you hide all the Easter eggs?

Trading is trading. If you think (and the key word is "think") you have an edge with the QQQ, then the NQ should be a piece of cake.

#20     Jun 2, 2002