RealityTrader.com Positon room results

Discussion in 'Trading' started by newbie, Feb 9, 2002.

1. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

Don did Ken Calhoun of www.dtu1.com submit trades? He said he was going to. How about M-T? Who were the four sites??

#41     Feb 13, 2002
  2. TonyOz

TonyOz

Thank God my trading performance is night and day when compared to my golfing skills. Otherwise, you'd see my resume posted on Monster.com :) :) :)

I played an easy 18-hole par 61 public executive course this morning as a part of my rehabilitation program. The pneumonia put me completely out of shape, and I'm trying to do some activities before NY. The course slope is 80, and I shot 30 over. My best score there was 5 over and the normal range for me is 10-16 over. As I said, I'm far from a talented golfer, and I spend "all" the money I make trading on replacing the golf balls I lose every round. I lose so many balls - it's pathetic.

As to Poker, count me in :)

Tony

#42     Feb 13, 2002
  3. I can't give you my trading techniques but with smart stop losses and removing your emotions the money is there. There are some guys making $2K a day. I hope to get there someday....:D

#43     Feb 13, 2002
  4. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

thunderbolt, thanks for your reply. how do you manage "smart stop losses" when they run with 1 point stops? Also, are you making consistent money, and how long have you been there? As far as $2K a day, they can say anything they want but it's not verifiable.

#44     Feb 13, 2002
  5. Mike s,

Here is a chart, but the real value of the entry can't be put on the chart today. many times they are chart and formatio driven, but today was a viseral feel for the tape and the levels. But this should help. read the notes on the chart Mike, and read my earlier post where I state that I was on the wrong side of the market today...and I was...and not by choice. But what matters is that not only did I not get creamed because of it, I was able to walk away w/ a madoest day because of dsicipline and recognician the trend was working against me. That's why I quit trading so early...I didb't trust the longs and couldn't fight the trends either..."when in doubt, get out!". I was in doubt today Mike.

#45     Feb 13, 2002
  6. Mike,

Give my spelling, I'm going fast and fat fingering the keys

#46     Feb 13, 2002
  7. You are correct. Anybody can say anything.

I keep stop losses at different levels but never more than .25. I've been there for 3 1/2 weeks and have made very consistent money. I've only had 2 days in the red, but all my up days negate them by a long shot. Average: $435.22 per day using 30K. Looking for more...

#47     Feb 13, 2002
  8. TonyOz

TonyOz

covered 500 ITMN at 43.80 afterhours. 0.64 below close, I said thank you :)

Edit: BTW, you may notice the ticker JWN in my position window. I had an order to buy it at 25.01, which got killed when the market closed. My position window shows not only open positions and closed positions, but also stocks which had orders that were cancelled or did not get filled.

JWN was an NYSE Power Trader.

#48     Feb 13, 2002
  9. Tony,

NICE! I hope the short side is correct for tomorrow. I'm Long 30 AMAT Puts.

Checking out. Have a great night.:) :D

#49     Feb 13, 2002
  10. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

Tony, when did you buy ITMN, and what was your stop? I assume you are holding the others overnight? Thanks.

#50     Feb 13, 2002