RealityTrader.com Positon room results

Discussion in 'Trading' started by newbie, Feb 9, 2002.

1. newbie

With permission of Threei... I will post my actual results from trading the calls in the RT position room. There has been a lot of discussion on different threads about the viability of "units" instead of $ profits being posted as being "misleading". I have found this methodology of "position sizing" to actually help me in trading. This same idea of position sizing is mentioned in Dr Tharp's book "Financial Freedom through Electronic Day Trading" in chaprter 5. The RT room makes reference to him and his book all the time and the importance of this idea.

I am trading a $30,000 account and will risk 1 unit of $250 on EVERY TRADE!! Currently I am long 1 stock. I will post the results of this trade when it is closed out along with the corresponding $ profit, per share profit and unit size profit. Hopefully this will clear this idea up.

For those of you who think I now work for RT.... remember- I am doing the same thing for PowertradeSignals.com and was accused of working for them..... to you I say.... LOL!! you make me laugh!

2. newbie, where are you posting powertradesignals results?

3. newbie

4. man, you know a lot of sites there newbie. are you sure you aren't getting paid to pump each one? hehe

PS which ones are you still using and why?

5. newbie

Yeah I work for all of them- but they are about to all fire me since I'm pumping the competition also! :)

I am currently with RT position room for stock trading obviously.... using their position sizing- I have yet to see them have a losing month.

I use the PowerTradeSignals G2 for position trading commodities. Good diversifiaction trend following method..... hasn't been great- but hasn't lost me any dough- which is more than I can say for some of the others.

I use Optionpro.com for trading options on stocks..... been about flat. Stay with them because the track record is good and the calls are easy to follow.

Still looking for a daytrading site. PowerTrade is easy to do at night since the signals are generated for the next day. RT only gets about 1-3 trades a day. OptionPro gets like 1-2. I'm looking at thezentrader.com for a scalping/daytrading method. I feel if I spend enough time finding the rooms that work- and mixing and matching their styles and calls styles and markets- I should have a smoother equity curve..... so far this has worked out. My thoughts is that if the methods are all different-while one is not working- another method will. Mothing works all the time right? So when PT is in a drawdown because the markets aren't trending, then OptionPro's breakout style might be making money and so on and so forth.

6. newbie

First partial closed trade:

Bought 200 shares of DRI at 40.00 stop went in at 38.90. We just partialed 1/2 at 41.15 because of a double top on the daily. Stops have moved to break even. We have locked in almost 1/2 unit and have half a position open.

DRI 1/2 closed +$115 almost 1/2 unit

7. Would it not be a lot easier to simply learn how to trade yourself rather than spend a bunch of time with these websites.? Trading is relatively simple, and even though you may get some "picks" - isn't your purpose to make money?

Anyway, the results of the few sites that did "come to the plate" will be posted soon...and overall it didn't cost me toooo much money... :)

(I'm saying this with a smile, and not trying to cause a riff....honest!!)

8. Newbie,

i GUESS YOU HAVE SOME MONEY YOU WANT TO GET RID OF WHY DON'T YOU JUST GIVE TO CHARITY , CAUSE TRYING ALL CHATROOMS WITH REAL MONEY IS JUST GOING TO BE A FINANCIAL DISASTER IMO.

9. newbie

Yada yada yada......

It's my money.... why you guys have such a strong opinion? Are you afraid I might actually prove that you can make dough with a chat room?

10. newbie

Forget it.... it's not worth the work and hassle. I'm outta here..... may make a lot of you happy!

Good luck!

#10     Feb 11, 2002