Reality Series Looking For Brokers

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Kubrick66, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Kubrick66

Kubrick66

Awesome intro Surf. Will email him. Much appreciated.

#11     Feb 6, 2008
  2. Cold calling and account churning?

#12     Feb 6, 2008
  3. No licensed broker dealer will allow you to work in their office, IMO. I'm pretty sure it's not legal because of FINRA rules about broker/client relationships. And, retail brokers would never ever want you to know how they handle things, much less put it on TV, again, IMO only.

We asked to have a simple trading competiton reality show a while back, the Regulators actually laughed.

(Disclaimer: Obviously not a legal opnion, or that of Bright Trading or any of it's affiliates. )

The Hill was fantasy, now that could probably be done, pure make believe.

FWIW,

Don

#13     Feb 8, 2008
  4. Hookers are more interesting and have a lower incidence of STDs(they f less people apparently).

#14     Feb 9, 2008
  5. Dustin

Dustin

I worked at the old Dean Witter in SF for 3 months. Nothing interesting happened the whole time. Hope you have lots of tape.

#15     Feb 9, 2008
  6. hughb

hughb

BWAHAHAHA! I worked at one of the original boiler rooms. It was a penny stock firm. We cold called lists of suckers to try to get them to buy our crap. The first firm I worked for was Stuart James. Look it up on the SEC website, it was called a "factory of fraud" by the SEC. the second firm I worked for was Thomas James. I was hired by Tony Elgindy. You don't have to google his name to find out who he was, just plug it into the ET search right here. I never opened a single account at either firm. I was the worst broker in the history of the biz. And, after all these years, damb proud of it.

#16     Feb 9, 2008