reality imitates art..... wallstreet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by marketsurfer, Oct 18, 2003.

1. my favorite movie of all time--wall street--- focused on a company called "blue star airlines" well, there is a blue star airline company now www.bluestarjets.com wonder if this is a case of reality imitating art OR ????

:D

2. Cheese

Cheese

Ah, yes .. 'Wall Street', the film.

Its most famous line .. "greed is good".

3. "Hey, pal, if you want a friend, get a dog." - Gordon Gekko

4. Speaking of Wall Street and art, on a recent trip to Poland I found and purchased a great theater poster for the movie Wall Street. I framed it and have it on display. Would playing the movie Wall Street in a Communist country been a form of anti-capitalist propaganda?

In any case the poster can be found here: http://www.postergallery.art.pl/plakaty2.php?t=f&p=6

5. funky

funky

here are some of my favorites:

"The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own." -- Gekko

"Money itself isn't lost or gained its simple transferred from one perception to another." -- Gekko

"Mixed emotions, pal. Like seeing Larry Wildmon going off a cliff in my new Maserati." -- Gekko

"A man looks in the abyss, there is nothing staring back at him. At that moment he discovers his character. That keeps the man out of the abyss." -- Lou

6. Mvic

Mvic

thanks for posting it.

I used to collect Eastern European/Russian political art (the type of stuff reproduced for public consumption on walls and in underground mags etc) and even had a few peices that were part of an exhibition at the smithsonian many years ago. Cool stuff. The posters are very much in that tradition.

7. Bluestar Arilines is a dog with fleas.

Bluehorseshoe love China Yuchai (CYD)! Up +400% YTD and still paying a 3.4% dividend.

But you didn't hear it from me ....shhhh.

8. Cheese

Cheese

"Lock an' load, pal. We're in the kill zone." ..Gordon Gekko.

9. Cheese

Cheese

"You'd better start looking at yourself."..Daryl Hannah
    "I'm looking." ..Charlie Sheen (Bud Fox)

10. Why is it that movies about trading/Wall Street are almost invariably about insider trading or chop shops or somesuch?

To wit:
    1. Wall Street
    2. Trading Places
    3. Boiler Room
    4. Rogue Trader

#10     Nov 7, 2003