Reality Checklist

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qlai, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Yes, it's on sale on Amazon, called "how to strike it rich shagging wealthy milfs - a momentum based approach"

Goodness, what is going on this summer? This site is flooded by a platoon of desperate, lazy, half-whit faggots who can't get their finger out it their ass and do some simple Google or Amazon search. They need every little bit presented in front of them. Dude, you have zero chance in this game, don't even get into it, do something else to save your life. You will die a desperate and depressed dude because you could not make it. You don't have what it takes. And stop pestering everyone else for some simple stuff that you can reach for yourself if you just stopped masturbating all day long and got out of your fucking bed. Pest.

Edit: I hate people who beg for everything others earned on their own. Lazy fucks.

#11     Jun 19, 2019
    traderslair and zenoftrading like this.
  2. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Lol wow. Meds bud.

#12     Jun 19, 2019
  3. Fuck off and do some minimal amount of work. You keep on asking the most basic stuff for weeks now. Give us all a break man.

#13     Jun 19, 2019
    traderslair likes this.
  4. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

You're unstable dude. You really shouldn't be trading.

#14     Jun 19, 2019
  5. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Btw I watched about half of one vid. It's fine. Just basic day trading advice.

#15     Jun 19, 2019
  6. On ignore. Ridiculous. How much lower does the avg iq on this site sink?

#16     Jun 19, 2019
    traderslair likes this.
  7. I've got books and books and books. I am probably helping to support a lot of mediocre traders who find more profit in authoring than in trading. In reality after buying the first one, there was really no reason to buy any others. Any good general book on day trading stocks has the basics of technical analysis, though maybe you might skip over the "Dummies" books as some have the general feel of having been authored by someone who merely researched the topic for a couple of weeks and then hammered out a manuscript, without the benefit of having been a trader or at least a serious full time trader. The first book I read on trading was Andrew Aziz's "Day Trading for a Living" or some similar title. Nothing else I have read really taught me much more than what was in that first book. My newbie take on it is that beyond the basics, technical analysis as it is most often practiced, is whatever mumbo jumbo you care to put into it, cups and saucers and bull horns and double dips and hanging man reversals and wedges and rhythms and fibbernotchies and head n shoulders and every possible moving average permutation or otherr stuff that sometimes is a thing, sometimes is just in the eye desperate for some recognizable secret pattern. When volume and price action come together you have a good chance of seeing a run up or down. About 50 hours staring at daily charts will back that up. A couple hundred, even better. Tech analysis in a nutshell. Any respectably well written book will getcha there IMVHO. Just don't be taken in by all the special offers and stuff. I have learned enough on this (free) forum to match all the paid courses and videos and websites I have been spammed with. One good book, paper, not digital. You want it open while you are twiddling with your computer. You want to be able to fold down page corners and make annotations in the margin and highlight stuff. Easier to do with hard copy than a pdf or ebook. When you got those basics nailed, practice. Try to predict future price action, and see how good you can get. Look at 5 minute candles. Look at one minute or sub minute candles if available. Look at hour or day candles and month or year charts. "Things" like to repeat. At least you know that it is possible for a thing to repeat. Lightning never strikes twice? Aw Contrare. Ask the mast on my boat. Or the antenna on the Empire State building or that giant Jesus statue overlooking Rio. Given two possible outcomes with unknown chance of occurring, if one occurs, and I have to bet on one or the other, I won't bet that it is now time for the other one to occur. I will bet on a repeat of the first one. And again, given unknown chances of either occurring, in the long run I will be right more than wrong. This is because the one that didn't happen, might have not happened because it was unlikely to happen. The one that did happen is obviously possible, they other maybe not so possible. If a stock does something, in the absence of any outside indicators, it is likely or at least possible for it to do it again, some time. A lot of technical analysis is similar, once you get outside simple price/volume action. Something did happen. It could probably happen again. Something didn't happen or has never happened, maybe it won't happen for some reason unknown. Levels of support or resistance? Based on previous data. More likely in the absence of major influence to hold true. Little reason to arbitrarily do something different. Traders expect to see things happen a certain way, so they buy or sell accordingly and fulfill their own prophecy. The fact that a bunch of traders are looking for a canines and incisors pattern to indicate a breakout is self fulfilling. Nothing magical or technical about it. The technical part is price and volume. Everything else is mob psychology. And if this was all you needed to know to be a successful day trader, I would already be a rich man, two months in.

#17     Jun 19, 2019
    Giddiyup likes this.
  8. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Well thanks for that response.
    I was just wondering what the mob was reading these days. As that lunatic suggested earlier in this thread ,I may not be the smartest guy you ever met. But I have beaten really smart traders consistently for many years through simple discipline. I prop traded for 12 years with decent success and am looking into returning.
    Now on the subject of looking for a good book on technical analysis.
    I know that technical analysis doesnt work in in the long run for the reasons you astutely stated. But mob mentality is real and these points on a chart provide real liquidity. I simply wanted to know if there is a book (an audio book) that covers a wide range of analysis methods and to understand how these traders trade. How they develop ideas. So forth.

#18     Jun 19, 2019
  9. Don't know about audio books, but look at amazon's listings for books under the search terms "day trading" or "technical analysis" for an idea of what is selling. That's where all my picks came from.

#19     Jun 19, 2019
  10. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Ok thanks m8. Have you ever read disciplined trader?

#20     Jun 19, 2019