Realistic returns expectations of successful day trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by helpme_please, Aug 28, 2019.

1. geneticien

geneticien Guest

Oh yeah. Let's do the math.

-- A trader who achieved an average annual return of 337% over a 13-year period.
    = 4.337^13 = 171 million times the initial investment = bullshit
    The author of that book probably does not know what the average annual return is.

#101     Jun 28, 2020
  2. guru

guru

Look at Rentech. They reset/restart each year with $10 billion because that’s their max capacity.
    No one says it’s compounded.
    Also, could include something like 10000% during some period that some people might’ve made with crypto.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    #102     Jun 28, 2020
  3. Opcodes

Opcodes

now this motivates me

#103     Jun 28, 2020
  4. I'm pretty sure that guy is a scam. There was a video circulating about him "teaching" candlesticks and he has no idea where is the open or the close.

$1k to 1 million in 6 months is just not possible. It's like making a 6% plus returns compounded everyday without a single loss which isn't possible.

#104     Jun 30, 2020
  5. qlai

qlai

What about audited brokerage statements? I think he found the holy grail you are seeking :)

#105     Jun 30, 2020
  6. deaddog

deaddog

Yes there are people who have turned a few thousands into millions trading. It is possible but I wouldn't say it was realistic.

Every endeavour has its superstars. There's the guy who started a book store in his garage and so on. The people at the top make a lot of money.

If I suggested that if you want to make millions all you have to do is buy a set of golf clubs and get on the PGA tour you would probably say that wasn't realistic.

Why would you think that buying a computer and opening a future account was anymore realistic.

Realistic returns? If you can beat a buy and hold strategy of the S&P index you are doing better than the majority of the people in the business.

Realistically 90% fail.

#106     Jun 30, 2020

7. This is a leaked video of camtheman teaching, he doesn't even know the open/close of the candlestick. He even claim his not a professional at reading the candlesticks lol. Lots of things can be photoshopped and be claimed without any proof, do you really think he made that amount?

#107     Jul 11, 2020
  8. qlai

qlai

Oops, I was talking about Ross Camron. I don’t follow this guy so cannot comment.

#108     Jul 11, 2020
  9. Axon

Axon

Holy shit LOL

#109     Jul 11, 2020
  10. Ross Cameron seems knowledgeable but as to whether he took 583 to 335k in one year that's 57,000% returns.

I do not know if anyone believe in the results? You can ask people are here if they can get anywhere close to this and their opinions.

From what I heard is his front-running his students. Buying cheap a certain penny stock and then sending notifications to his thousands of students which will cause the stock to pump. After which he sells for a handsome profit. If he is doing that then maybe it's possible to achieve such results, but you will get burned badly if you are following him.

#110     Jul 11, 2020