Realistic Return %

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ric, May 27, 2005.

1. with all due respect ... we are not talking guaranteed ROE as if the money was in a CD

-once I am profitable (if ever) I plan on just letting the acount compound over many years-

:p

#31     May 27, 2005
  2. #32     May 27, 2005
  3. ric

ric

Yes, I know it's not in a CD. The idea is I start off with x and keep letting it go and trade with more and more.

#33     May 27, 2005
  4. ric

ric

ScT is the first tool of its kind to offer an artificial brain with self-learning abilities. ScT has one single motivation and that is to make a profit. It does not use neural networks or any other traditional approach but instead uses human brain-like architecture, apparatus and mechanisms.

OMG, right, like if that sort of tech exsisted it would be first used on day trading.

"O, great I don't have to use my useless brain which is filled with sitcom re runs I'll just buy an artificial one and tell it to learn to trade." LOL, the bullshit you find on the web.

#34     May 27, 2005
  5. My dear ric...

That is exactly why you have to buy and use some artificial one...
    You didn't even tried to understand what is going on around you ....
    sorry.... My mistake, I just wanna to help you ...

#35     May 28, 2005
  6. cmk

cmk

What?

#36     May 28, 2005
  7. j1900q

j1900q

3 % is about what i shoot for. I usually get it. This month has been a problem for me. Changed data vendors, (could not live with q charts anymore) but now I think things are on track. Have a good one.
    Keith

#37     May 28, 2005
  8. mhashe

mhashe

Is this a Russian endeavor?

It sounds more like you need sucessful traders trading through your system so your setup can "learn" from their trades.

#38     May 28, 2005
  9. I would be very skeptical of believing what you don't see and only what you hear. Meaning, look at the documented returns of CTAs, CPOs, hedge fund traders, money managers, mutual fund managers, etc. If you make 30% per annum over a period of 10 years you are a superstar. The only place you have consistent 100% annual returns are the promotional brochures of the dream merchants. One day trade course vendor used to hook his lemmings with the bait that he successfully traded for a lving and made all sorts of money. When the CFTC got a hold of his trading statements they learned he had lost money for six straight years. If you want an eye opener spend some time reviewing the enforcement archives at the CFTC website. www.cftc.gov

#39     May 28, 2005
  10. domi93

domi93

ric

is not about realistic return%, its about money managment, risk/ratio!

if you have a 40k account, and make 300 dollar daily ave
    that's 75k a year more or less.. got it??

The first factor you should build is patience...
    its about how much you risk....

you should focus more (take a look) at the forex markets or commodities..

but equities??? no man, that's the wrong way my friend.. low margin, Extremly regulate,burocracy etc etc etc..

take care

#40     May 28, 2005