realistic expections for returns per year through options

Discussion in 'Options' started by voyager77, Apr 3, 2013.

1. what "you" call medium risk... what juice are you selling? atm otm?

#21     Apr 5, 2013
  2. dfantome

dfantome

I call it medium risk because im here to cancel ANY trade if I feel its going against me and im at the computer from open to close monitering posistions. To most people this would be extremely high risk.

I don't want to give away my strat completely to the board, but if youd like to have an indepth dicussion you can pm and we can chat.

The gist is... I find strong support after a drop an sell options with the most amount of time value in them. and for calls same thing just different side.

sometimes ill make condors but they're treated as two different trades not one and legs can be opened or closed on swings.

#22     Apr 5, 2013
  3. Yeah sure, as soon as you provide proof (email, PM) that you made that $70k on NFLX or whatever the final tally came out to. Thanks.

#23     Apr 5, 2013
  4. dfantome

dfantome

email? and i want the link before i go and send you a screen shot.

lol and get me in there, because im about to do this again with goog next week.

ill give the screenshot but i want the link.. till then heres this.. no contract size cuz thats irrelevant

Bought x NFLX Jan 25 2013 125.0 Call @ 0.12

Sell to Close x NFLX Jan 25 2013 125.0 Call Limit @ 22.45 01/24/13

#24     Apr 5, 2013
  5. No pic = didn't happen. Email pic through the profile page. Feel free to remove account number.

#25     Apr 5, 2013

6. holy fucking homerun..

#26     Apr 5, 2013
  7. was that a paper trade?

#27     Apr 5, 2013
  8. Roughly a $400 gamble paid off with $70,000 right? That is insane if so.

#28     Apr 5, 2013
  9. I'm waiting bro!

#29     Apr 5, 2013
  10. voyager77

voyager77

wow i never thought my thread would garner this much attention

can anyone tell me what level of proficiency in mathematics is required to effectively trade options? i understand basic algebra and that's about it

sorry if my ignorance offends anyone just looking for some helpful advice. really not trying to push anyone's buttons.

as if right now i have no money to lose. i'm just going to college and trying to pass my classes. just interested in trading, thats all.

hope everyone has a good week

#30     Apr 6, 2013