realistic expections for returns per year through options

Discussion in 'Options' started by voyager77, Apr 3, 2013.

1. He said a week or so ago that he was still paper trading options. So RT trades probably arent going to be of interest to anyone.

I get where you guys are coming from though. There have been so many fakers exposed in the past that everyone is a skeptic and anyone making bold claims of big returns is going to get called out.

#11     Apr 5, 2013
  2. Whom, Maloney?

Edit: I read his first post. What is the point of attaching a notional figure to a paper-trade? God, this board has become pointless.

#12     Apr 5, 2013
  3. #14     Apr 5, 2013
  4. Brighton

Brighton

I think we should demand higher quality liars at EliteTrader.

The guy can't even keep his story straight for one measly week.

On March 28th he was learning options from paper trading and on April 5th he's up $70,000 and making a living from his trading prowess.

#15     Apr 5, 2013
  5. comical haha

#16     Apr 5, 2013
  6. 20% a month impossible

4-8% monthly is more reasonable

#17     Apr 5, 2013
  7. realistically ... minus 100 percent

#18     Apr 5, 2013
  8. dfantome

dfantome

Atticus can you give me the info to your board and chat? Im interested, in a place to hang out during the day and post some RT trades or ideas..

plus seeing what youre doing during the day would be pretty informative and educational..

AND LOL AT this guy saying hes making 70k a week when he had to read ehow on how to do a iron condor.... please...

#19     Apr 5, 2013
  9. dfantome

dfantome

4-8% month if you don't actively trade.

but on a less than 100k account, trading from 9.30 to 4 everyday, and playing weekly options 10-20% is about where im at each week..

But.. I don't invest my account up to the brim.. im usually about 40% or more cash incase spreads turn against me.

On a small account i could do 20-40% weekly with what id call medium risk.

edit: my goal is 20% weekly, yes its high and sometimes I dont make it, and only do 15 or so, but I wouldnt call 20% in a week hard.. you just have to be aggressive. and just so I dont sound like some guru or god I had a 20% goal this week and ended up -2% for the week. first losing week in 7.

#20     Apr 5, 2013