Realistic Expectations for Automation

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Norm, Dec 27, 2005.

1. I am in the process of finishing my automated system so I can give you a little advice. Fist off you need to trade liquid electronic markets, if you don’t slippage will wipe you out. In my case I have a very profitable system that I have traded with real money for a while and that makes a big difference. That saying about computers, crap in is going to give you crap out! You need to understand the market fist before you try to develop a system. It needs to be based on order flow! The Holy Grail is out there but I see no possible way of finding it unless you trade the markets and have a very good understanding of what you are doing. Indicators are a big part but you won’t be able to use them effectively unless you know what you are looking for. Long story short, you need to know your goals, and how you will achieve them!

There is a free training section here on elitetrader. Looking back from all my mistakes I should have read it and listened years ago.

Good luck!

#11     Feb 26, 2006
  2. Like they say..."Garbage in, Garbage out" - and when you use tradestation - even if you are smart enough to program a good money making strategy - you will not know if you can make moeny or not - if you are testing the data on tradestation data - for their data is garbage in

#12     Feb 26, 2006
  3. Untrue.

Electronic markets are relatively efficient and can be viewed as "close to random" systems.

Market inefficiencies that can be exploited tend to occur in lower volume market niches. Securities that are either very complex or exotic and unpopular for some reason.

It all goes back to building a long-term successful hedging strategy... which is 90% of the ball game. Automation only makes your existing strategy more efficient.

You are not going to automate your way to new and exciting strategies... though the entire securitues industry is working overtime to make sure that you believe you can.

Just like those commercials on CNBC were supermodels with laptops take money away from pros in the pits.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha.

rm+

:cool: :cool: :cool:

#13     Mar 2, 2006
  4. pablo88

pablo88

Hello,

I know a 100% automatic system that i used since 5 months. I can tell you that i am very surprised by the performances. The profitability turns around 1.8%/2% a week.

I was really sceptical toward automatic system and i am still. But this one have the particularity to have a real time live demo Fxcm account you can access for free as long as you want to see exactly what this system can do. No time limit.

It was the first time i met a company who really want to be completly clear on their automatic strategy products. They really want to give you all the informations your requy.

There is nothing to pay. You can control by yourself the performance of the system. And when you want to invest, this company install for free their automatic strategie on your Fxcm account and you have to pay us 15% of the realised profits every month. Here again is the first time i see a company who just be paid on the % of profit it makes you earn, and not a fixed amount like the others.

I really advice you to check this out. My vision have changed and i think you will take the same way if you had seen this demo account work as i do.

I precise that this strategie works on the forex market. And the more surprising is that this system never makes drawdown. Can you believe it ? Me not at the beginning. But now i am forced to say it's true. I witness it for 5 months.

If you are interested by this system let me know by mail or private message and i will show you where to get this demo access. I have now a very good relationship with the staff of this company. I bring them many customers from my friends. I can get you in contact.

(sorry for my english speaking level)

#14     Mar 6, 2006