RealEstate - THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND

Discussion in 'Economics' started by traderdragon2, Jan 11, 2007.

1. I always wondered why they put a mall (where I can buy a 800,000 diamond and a 5,000 Fendi blouse for my wife) in such a high gang/crime area like Santa Ana...??

#71     Jan 17, 2007
  2. bro....

this is just another one to add to the collection of random acts...

Guy was just sitting around having dinner in a supposed "nice" area and ....

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070101-2120-bn1manhunt2.html

#72     Jan 17, 2007
  3. RT-well put. The last place I lived before moving to Denver, was the good part of Costa Mesa, where I grew up, next to South Coast Plaza. Consider Manhattan Beach and Inglewood, now that has to been one of the most extreme differences I can think of. Go a few miles East and bring your Kevlar vest.

#73     Jan 17, 2007
  4. your absolutely right, however----- generally the people in those coastal areas are as fake as their wives tits---and thats a bummer

#74     Jan 17, 2007
  5. True dat.

RoughTrader

#75     Jan 17, 2007
  6. Hit the nail on the head with that one.

I hate the "I'm so happy to see you." fake hug crap and then they turn around and tell the person they're with, "I hate that SOB." Phoniest POS on earth as far as I'm concerned.

#76     Jan 17, 2007
  7. Jeez.

I think I'll stay in SoFla. I'd rather get machine gunned to death by Armani clad drug dealers than shot in front of my wife by some homeless hick.....:D

#77     Jan 17, 2007
  8. Do what I do when visiting S. FL. Get your concealed weapon permit and carry a concealable handgun; and use high energy over pressure hollow-point ammunition to compensate for the smaller caliber necessary for the smaller concealed. Its especially good to have when you make that wrong turn down town and end up in Liberty City. Those lacking enough on-hand cash to toss out the window to buy your way back out can wave it around and normally escape intact. :D

However, I don't think CA allows their citizens to carry concealed weapons at all. As part of the social tradition and policy the CA government considers all its citizens as fair and viable economic targets. As such, most citizens there have been trained to be pacifists and it's generally consider too brutish and bad social form to resist an attack. No, the prevailing custom is that most of the criminal element will only mug or slice up a victim a little bit to get quick cooperation rather than commit murder out right. But with all the new illegal immigration and out of state transients looking for state handouts someone was bound to not know the local conventions. The murderer in the news story was clearly some uninformed out of state miscreant that did not know the rules. :eek:

TS

#78     Jan 17, 2007
  9. Never compare Japan to the US. Does Japan even let immgrants in? No right.
    With low birth rate, different real estate rules, and very strict immigration policies.

#79     Jan 17, 2007
  10. I'm not an economist, but I would probably regard those factors as negligible compared to the impact of mass-speculative activity. One should keep in mind that, although the birthrate is dismal in Japan, it still remains a country that is only slightly larger than California in geographical size yet has roughly 1/2 that of the total U.S. population.

It is an undeniable fact that speculative mania took hold of Japan's housing market in the '80s, and the economy is STILL feeling the impact of the burst of that bubble. All circumstances in any two bubbles of enormous proportion will never be identical, but the overwhelming driving factor that is common to all bubbles is mass mania. This mania drove the Japanese markets in the 80's, and the same kind of mania did the same for U.S. asset markets since the mid-90's.

We are still inside the eye of the storm. The worst is yet to come for many in the U.S., I'm afraid....

RoughTrader

#80     Jan 17, 2007