RealEstate - THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND

Discussion in 'Economics' started by traderdragon2, Jan 11, 2007.

1. I never understood why some people consider PB to be a likeable area. It's just run-down and fairly dirty compared to the newer developments in SD.

One thing going for it is that it doesn't get as hot there during the summer because it's at the beach.

In general, anything near Balboa Ave. is just plain not desirable in my estimation.

RT

#231     Mar 24, 2008
  2. My bad, missed that. Wouldn't hurt to text in that it came from piggington.

RT

#232     Mar 24, 2008
  3. Not to mention the climbing crime rate and murders

#233     Mar 24, 2008
  4. We've had declining prices since late 2005 - when I bought.

This year it's "..we just had our first year of declines, the sky is falling and there is no end in sight..."

In two years it will be "...we've only been declining for 18 months now, still have a long way to go...."

Ten years from now "..there's still more room to go before we bottom..."

People need to chill the fu*k out. Price are contracting, supply will dry up later this year as developers OVERcorrect to the down side, and then prices will start to rise broadly, slowly, early next year.

Picking bottoms is for Suckers, and just plain foolish. You won't know a bottom has been put in until it's long gone.

Regards,

#234     Mar 24, 2008
  5. 9999

I loooove picking up a certain kind of bottoms

[​IMG]

matter of fact, I try to pick'em up as much as I can!
    Sorry for the OT guys, couldn't resist...:D

#235     Mar 24, 2008
  6. Balboa ave is sort of run down, but its just one street, and not even the main one (Garnet is). Once it turns into Garnett, its not bad at all, and stuffed with restaurants. most of PB is very nice, just older homes that are small bungalows as people refused to level them to put up bigger ones. There are many of those also.

PB is also the main beach for San Diego. Mission beach to Tourmaline is really just one beach with the Strand.

Its also where everything is happening unless you like the Gaslamp bar scene (I don't). And as you mentioned, the weather here is bloody perfect.

I prefer Del Mar/ Solana Beach, but I am single. Those areas are boring as hell for a single guy.

jay

#236     Mar 24, 2008
    #237     Mar 24, 2008
  8. manila mesa sucks, nothing but flips and more flips in that area

#238     Mar 24, 2008

9. Sorry to hear youre a bag holder that is getting killed.

Bag holder delusions. We have historical record breaking bank owned inventoryand near record breaking regular inventory to burn through. Add 20+ months of ARM resets, and the start of a recession and there is no way prices start to go up as early as next year.

Just look at what is in the pipeline
    [​IMG]

Then take a look at record inventories
    http://bubbletracking.blogspot.com/2008/01/san-diego-county-inventory-sales-2008.html

How anyone can look at these numbers and predict a price increase is beyond me

#239     Mar 24, 2008
  10. I really don't care. My house is a roof, not an investment for my retirement. I'm 28 and could give 2 sh*ts about it.

Here's another one: I've got a 7/1 interest-only arm for 0 down.

And another: I pay more then the note every month.

You can quote all these figures about historical bank foreclosures you like. I live just outside of Detroit and prices on my kind of home in my area did not run up very much over the past 10-15 years.

That's also a nice chart you have. Here's a tip: charts that work off total number of -anything- are useless and only fear-monger.

-there are more people in the US then there were 50 years ago, thus anything comparing totals of a datapoint relative to a non-percentage is useless.
    -there are more eligible homeowners per-capita then there were 50-years ago, thus anything comparing totals of a datapoint relative to a non-percentage is useless.

the same data can be manipulated to portray both sides of any coin. If you choose to believe one side and not ask questions then so be it.

Regards,

#240     Mar 24, 2008