Real-Time Trades from Excel into IM or Chatroom

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cre8UrF8, Jul 26, 2005.

1. I can have my real-time trade confirmations show up on an excel spreadsheet, but I want to find away to automatically have those trades confirms linked or exported to Instant Messenger or a chat room so others in the group can see my trades without me needing to type anything. Does anyone know away of doing this?

2. Quick thought - maybe useless though - What about copying message text inside excel to the windows clipboard (ram memory)... then your instant message website or some website should have code on how to attached the clipboard text to the instant message as an attachment... or body or subject or whatever... anyway...

just a quick shot...

:)

cj...

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

3. EdgeHunter,

I appreciate you attempting to help, but I don't think that is gonna accomplish what I need it to.

Thanks

4. Okay, lets take a different attack at this with a different method to maybe get the result you want...

With the little info you provided i would assume that you are getting a text confirmation message pushed or pulled into Excel from your clearing broker, etc... about your trades...

Ok... I then would also assume that the text is complete - as in you don't have to add anything to it... just want to pass it on to needful eyes (chat room eyes)

Ok...

So why not just publish THAT excel sheet with the text confirmations to the Web using a Web service, shareportal or such (this can be setup to be automatic or with a single button on excel) and when the excel sheet is published to the website page the chat room should be able to see it (most have web views built into them)...

you publish from you desktop to the web... one click or auto... and the chat eyes see it...

different tack...

cj...