Real-Time Simulators?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by travisdu, Oct 22, 2001.

1. travisdu

travisdu

Does anyone know of any good real-time or delayed quote Daytrading account simulators? Level 2 and the whole bit. Id like to try and work on execution mechanics.

Also if anyone knows where i can get real time dynamic charting or delayed the same amount of time as the simulator that would be great too.

wont do to have a real time simulatior and a delayed chart for obvious reasons.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Trav.

2. Magna

Magna Administrator

travisdu,

Does anyone know of any good real-time or delayed quote Daytrading account simulators? Level 2 and the whole bit. Id like to try and work on execution mechanics.

I don't know of any free realtime simulators, but CyberTrader has a free simulator at:
    https://www.cybertrader.com/cybertrader/contact_sim.asp

I cannot remember if it's 20-min delayed or it uses canned data from the previous day. In either case it provides charting, Level 2, full order routing, etc. and should help you in practicing various executions.

A number of companies (including Cyber) offer realtime simulators but you have to open and fund an account before you have access to them.

3. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

cyber uses canned data unless you open an account with them, then you can login in demo mode.. anyway it was very unreliable with me (data disconnection etc..).

www.aiqsystems.com and www.mytrack.com offer a simulator, not free you need to either open a brokerage account of subscribe to their realtime data feed. simulator is good although forget about L2 with this one (it does NYSE, NAsdaq and futures though !).

you can simulate with eSignal too (not free).
    it is very difficult to find a free simulator because someone has to pay exchange fees for the data. a free simulator would also mean a free realtime quote system : not realistic.

if you are willing to pay for data, one realtime data provider (and possibly delayed) may have a simulator..
    http://spectrenet.com/histlev2/

tntneo

4. travisdu

travisdu

I know that tradescape has a simulator that is delayed, but they dont have good charts.

trav.

5. geneden

geneden

terranova-mb offers a realtime simulator for those interested in their platform. Im looking into it, and so far it seems that you need to download their simulator ahead of time, and study their trading manual before making the required inadvance appointment for a trading day.