Real Time Power Trading

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by cc1988, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Retailers don't understand spreads.

#31     Aug 25, 2011
  2. bone

bone

Oh, it gets much more annoying - they either trade SIM on Collective 2 or have a $5K retail stock account and think that they know everything and are certainly very free to pass judgement on others and comment on all things trading. This website is just dominated by the type - and it is not for the better in terms of fostering serious discussion about markets.

I have never taken a 'newbie' on as a client; and most of my clients are ET members but they never want to post - which is a shame. They would rather do subject searches and pass PM's to other members in private. It is really a shame.

#32     Aug 25, 2011
  3. octsa

octsa

there are many pretentious people also.
    But people in firms I meet are really down to earth.

#33     Aug 25, 2011
  4. Bone

I PM'ed you, please respond

#34     Aug 29, 2011
  5. I work in credit department in an energy company in Houston. There were several opennings in the company which were my target positions. But they all hired PHDs. The job market is so bad, these PHDs accepted $65K, I know a girl with a CFA, she was hired as risk analyst for $70K.

I am trying to get a position as a risk analyst, pricing, supply or any other position that will work with traders or analysts. My current position is far from all that. I feel like I am losing time here.

The interesting thing is all the guys in these positions that I just mentioned, moved to other senior positions within a year or so. There was a position called LNG analyst, every 6 months or so, they hire a new guy only to see him getting another job in Gazprom or BG or some other big energy company. The demand is high but getting into is hard also.

Any suggestions, experiences that you want to share?

#35     Aug 30, 2011
  6. octsa

octsa

A gross 65k$ capped for a Phd, I can't believe, the job market is so bad in the U.S or demand for this job is high/supply is high.

For the CFA, I was told that by a trader it is a way far
    too much general for his kind of job, it won't help you more.

I can't advise you since I'm not in U.S and I'm not actually working for a trading firm. LinkedIn, headhunting may help you, sincerely good luck.

#36     Aug 30, 2011
  7. The way I see it, companies mostly hire guys within. In my company they tend to hire whoever is the best. If a PHD is okay for 65K and a CFA is 70K, why bother with me?

I am actively looking in Houston, so please PM me or post here for any suggestions.

#37     Aug 30, 2011
  8. octsa

octsa

Misterno,

I know a guy in the U.S, he is an ex-enroner scheduler, been a V-p at Bp but he is retired in 2005.
    Pm me

#38     Aug 30, 2011
  9. #39     Aug 31, 2011
  10. looking for a power options market maker, I have some lay up trade to execute for you,
    pm me

#40     Jun 19, 2012