real time news?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EF4869, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Extreme depth and breadth. Consider it the WSJ of news services - the standard bearer. Used it for some years when I held a real job and never even began to scratch the surface of its capabilities. If I hit some profit targets I'll be getting one at home ...

#21     Sep 29, 2003
  2. How much $$$ is a terminal?

#22     Oct 1, 2003
  3. matt5555

matt5555

A lot. I played with one today at Wharton (Upenn)... they have a public bloomberg terminal there (two screens)... it's been a while since I used it, I would love one at home

#23     Oct 1, 2003
  4. depends on what feeds you subscribe to. it can be from 1400 to over 2k

#24     Oct 1, 2003
  5. klev

klev

I get real-time news alerts with Stock Watch Pro ( http://www.crontech.com/swp )...not sure if this is what you are looking for but worth taking a look...

#25     Oct 2, 2003
  6. Any real-time news that must be typed out and passed through edit/compliance must also be delayed.

Good thing about Bloomberg is that they rush out headlines and drafts as news breaks.

Better yet, just listen to Bloomberg Radio on the internet - the broadcasters can speak faster than they can type & it is all real-time. Bloomberg radio will queu the market-moving news to the fore, but with a terminal you still have to seek out and read a text report.

#26     Oct 2, 2003
  7. Toonces

Toonces

Can someone give an example of what Bloomberg puts out that provides trading opps? Is any of it stock specific, or is it all related to the market as a whole?

#27     Oct 2, 2003