Real-Time NASDAQ E-Mini Feed & Charting

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mmuloin, Jun 28, 2001.

1. mmuloin

mmuloin

I trade NASDAQ E-mini futures exclusively. Can anyone recommend a fast reliable real-time 24 hr. live quote and charting package with various technical indicators that can be overlaid and used simultaneously?

Thanks.

2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I use Qcharts (its 24hrs and shows the globex sessions) for standard charting/TA and Metastock for backtesting and custom formulas. Despite the poor ratings Qcharts gets on this forum and others, I've only had one really bad day (and a few slow days) using it for futures quotes. I only pull the two mini contracts, so my data load requirements are low, not sure if that makes a difference or not. After the upgrades they did last month I've had no problems at all.

Kirk

3. I've used eSignal with MetaStock Pro in the past. Currently using eSignal with proprietary software. I highly recommend eSignal.

eSignals charting is pretty poor, but there are other 3rd party analytical packages, such as metastock and ensign with much better charting.

4. VinceF

VinceF

Try http://www.marketsound.com for free real time eMini-Nasdaq and eMini-S&P software and links to the Chicago Merchantile Exchanges free price service.
    The prices from the Chicago Merchantile Exchange are Java based and if you want to 'listen' to the market activity take the time to download MarketSound's Webcast software(soundcard required).